What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For all the Brookvale Oval haters....

tbone10

Juniors
Preliminary Concepts for the Redevelopment of Brookvale Oval

The view from behind the Brookvale Oval. Jane Try stand on the right, looking at the Southern Stand behind the goal posts. A new Eastern Stand has been added at the rear of the Hill area with a connecting stand in the Southeastern corner, similar to the Ken Arthurson Stand.

The view from ground level at the back of the EnergyAustralia Family Hill area.

The Eastern Hill and Eastern Grandstand. This concept retains a very large portion of the Hill area and places a new grandstand at the back with roughly the same number of seating rows as the Southern stand. Corporate facilities will be located at the back of the stand (similar to the Southern Stand), with other facilities at ground level under the stand and at the back of the hill area.

The Connecting Stand. Similar in design to the Ken Arthurson Stand this stand would connect the Southern and Eastern Stands. It would feature significant corporate facilities just below the grandstand seating and provide other club facilities underneath.
We hope you enjoyed a look at the preliminary concepts and we ask you to get on board and help make this redevelopment a reality.
Sign the online petition for an upgrade to Brookvale Oval.
[URL="http://www.petitiononline.com/brookie/petition.html"]http://www.petitiononline.com/brookie/petition.html [/URL]

These are only preliminary and nothing has been settled but i must say....i like it

tbone10

Juniors
Coleman said:
Not bad. I must say that hill in its current form is crap.

i agree but alot of Manly supporters will whinge and bitch if the hill is taken away. I for one will not be too upset.

What happened in round 1 was just an embarrassment to all Manly supporters!

aids

Bench
you know, and this is a pipedream but...
i would love to see the nrl broker a deal to get funding for all gorunds that require upgrades.

i'm sure if they asked the good people at fox and chnl9 nine for some extra dollars to install lights, media rooms and training rooms that suit the demands of tv in the 21st century.
it'll work out well for everyone in the end.

not bad but it would be nice if they could get more funding for some bigger stands.

we should be looking at ground capacities of 30K IMO.

as ive said before its a pipe dream but i would level the place and build something similar to parramatta or blue tongue. Obviously money is a major issue though.

domdom

Juniors
love the design, but i dont see iemma giving any money to a safe liberal seat. he didnt do it during the election, so i dont see him doing it while he is in power.

club will need to raise the money itself. maybe max could build an aprtment block above one of the stands.

seriously, the oval is desperate for a facelift. one solution might be to develop the site the leagues club is on, use the money from that to fix the stadium, and incorporate the leagues club into the design of the stadium. there is a fair bit of land where this could happen.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brookvale needs it more than any other ground except Leichhardt (and to a much lesser and prioritised extent, Belmore). They should still ditch the stoopid hill end as well, that's often the muddiest area on a wet day.

nqboy

First Grade
Looks good, but I didn't sign the petition because of arguments on here about the placement of the ground. It might be better elsewhere near transport hubs and such, I can't say as I don't know the area. Good luck with it anyway, I'm all in favour of better stadiums though 22K is too small. As HH said, you should be looking for 30K.

The Preacher

First Grade
aids said:
you know, and this is a pipedream but...
i would love to see the nrl broker a deal to get funding for all gorunds that require upgrades.

i'm sure if they asked the good people at fox and chnl9 nine for some extra dollars to install lights, media rooms and training rooms that suit the demands of tv in the 21st century.
it'll work out well for everyone in the end.

Can I have a smoke of that pipe ?? Look's like it does the job !! =P~

t-ba

Post Whore
nqboy said:
Looks good, but I didn't sign the petition because of arguments on here about the placement of the ground. It might be better elsewhere near transport hubs and such, I can't say as I don't know the area. Good luck with it anyway, I'm all in favour of better stadiums though 22K is too small. As HH said, you should be looking for 30K.

We'd like one of those too...The Beaches have been waiting for a train line for like only, 50 years! Realistically, Brookvale's the best place for a stadium for Manly. Eventually (Like long term, 20-50 years) a rail line will be built to the specifications of the Christie plan that goes through Brookvale. It's a reasonably safe bet, and if the club wants to stay on the beaches, this needs to be considered.

If it were up to me the JT and Southern Stands would be demolished and brought up to the Arko's specifications. I'd probably also push the seats down to the railings and get rid of the concourse. I'd probably also have later plans to build a stand on the scoreboard end, so eventually it's a fully enclosed stadium with a 'boutique' hill with a stand still behind it.