What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For New Zealand Fans....

Fast Eddie

First Grade
If any actually look in here. Do you think Kane Williamson will go on to be our best batsman ever? I think he will go on to hold a lot of the records anyway.

And no I'm not just saying this because he's getting some runs against Zimbabwe.

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
Mature for his age and technically very good, gotta be a positive.

Kiwi's have a pretty batting lineup at present, with Guptil McCullem Williamson Taylor Ryder and Vettori at 6-7. Need some bowlers.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Few of the bowlers coming through could be alright. Bowling attack is going to have to rely on Southee becoming world class over the next couple of years.

Red Bear

Referee
Pretty much. And finding someone to replace (or even bowl alongside for a while) Vettori.

Some really fast guy played some cricket last year (cant remember his name) maybe some potential there.

Also, wonder if anyone has ever gotten 76 in both innings of a test match before. Odd score to have in both knocks

blain

Juniors
Yeah Williamson is all class, should get all kinds on NZ records. I agree with bowling, we are low. We have 3-4 good teens, but they are still a few seasons away.

Beard is a potential good young spinner, but other than him there isnt alot. Astle is a wristy who has had a good few seasons, but Im not sure if he is nat quality yet.

African Monkey

First Grade
Yeah he's good. Very strong through the off side especially off the back foot. Should have converted his starts into at least 1 century though along with others.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The run out in the first innings was a bit ridiculous though. It's pretty good to look at our batting though and see that Williamson, Taylor, Ryder, McCullum and Guptil are very likely going to be pushing for our top 5 test run scorers in the years to come. We need Southee back desperately for the Australian series though.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah Crowe. Then guys like Turner and Sutcliffe. Then probably Wright and Fleming after that?

And incidentally Crowe is trying to make a return to first class Cricket this season, playing his first club game today.

edabomb

First Grade
Disgrace to the country of New Zealand. Seriously I hope these guys are refused entry through customs.

IanG

Coach
Well I might get shot down in flames for saying this but why do I get the feeling that cricket is dying in the arse in New Zealand?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'd say most average New Zealand sports fans have unrealistic expectations of the NZ Cricket side.

MKEB...

Staff member
I think Wagner is elligible for the Black caps this year... I still think Milne Bracewell Bennet are realistically are year away (granted Bracewell picked up that 5 for)

edabomb

First Grade
Are they allowed back in now?

Yea they can come back in for a few weeks before being refused entry after losing to Australia by 1000 :lol:

We were spoilt in the early 2000s, the current mob are the worst I can remember on the test scene though.

Lego_Man

First Grade
If any actually look in here. Do you think Kane Williamson will go on to be our best batsman ever? I think he will go on to hold a lot of the records anyway.

And no I'm not just saying this because he's getting some runs against Zimbabwe.

No, because these days we only play about 3 test matches per year.

He doesnt have the style for T20 and to a lesser extent ODI's, which is why he wont really be recognised (and i mean that as a compliment).

Red Bear

Referee
Not sure how good our batting lineup is at present really, but boy Chris Martin could be in trouble. I like the guy (mainly for his inability to bat) but he must just about be done, nearly 37.