What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran and Johnson

Vee

First Grade
Watching the Warriors today, I was struck by the improvement in Shaun Johnson when it was close. He was a lot calmer, not trying under pressure to make things happen, he still threatened a couple of times with his jinking runs but generally he was a lot steadier even allowing for the couple of chances he blew..

I think that's the best evidence I've seen of the effect of Foran's arrival on him. Before Foran got there, Johnson would have been all over the place and the Warriors would have been no chance.

Clifferd

Coach
I wish Foran would stay at the Warriors

I have a feeling they have something brewing over there, as long as those two are together

Hutty1986

Immortal
Imagine a crazy world where SJ had to go to a club that actually placed some accountability on him and he had to turn up every week.

wibble

Bench
Hopefully SJ doesn't forget all this when Foran goes.

He has shown he can be patient and play sensible football along with his brilliance, surely it doesn't mater who his 5/8 is, he can still do that?

Iafeta

Referee
And here I am thinking SJ was awful today. Two tries directly off SJ tries. And a massive bomb with a 4 on 1 where he totally overplayed his hand.

JJ

Immortal
He had a couple of clangers today, but I don't think he was awful (and I am not a fan boy) - he was really trying, and I can't fault him for that, if he keeps that energy and involvement a lot of good stuff will happen

Juju

Juniors
Interesting article in the NZ Herald after the game today. Dogs are yet to table a formal offer. Sounds as though Foran maybe interested in staying in NZ for one further season, all depends of the custody agreement for the kids.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Interesting article in the NZ Herald after the game today. Dogs are yet to table a formal offer. Sounds as though Foran maybe interested in staying in NZ for one further season, all depends of the custody agreement for the kids.

Well they just signed Woods so their war chest just got a lot smaller and Foran won't be cheap. Warriors have some cap space due to Matulinos departure but also badly need a quality prop to replace him (and ideally two of them)

Juju

Juniors
Well they just signed Woods so their war chest just got a lot smaller and Foran won't be cheap. Warriors have some cap space due to Matulinos departure but also badly need a quality prop to replace him (and ideally two of them)
I think Bulldogs are probably holding off on tabling the offer till they know NZ is not a option - as one less team probably devalues his asking price. (if I look at that cynically)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think Bulldogs are probably holding off on tabling the offer till they know NZ is not a option - as one less team probably devalues his asking price. (if I look at that cynically)

They're a smart club so you're probably right.

Latest posts