What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran is going?

Anyone hear Doyle's interview? Says everything that has been reported is unsubstantiated lies.
Doyle said there are players that know they will not be re-signed, but we aren't talking to the media about it.

I thought it would of been their managers doing most of the talking to the media.
Pushing up their value and the share of their cut.
Media turn it up to sell papers and advert slots online.

Time for a transfer window yet?

Iafeta

Referee
Maybe. But it's hard to do transfer windows with a salary cap. Eg, you agree for Foran to go and he's on $600k of your cap, you need to then get that basically in exchange otherwise Canterbury go over the limit.

WellsNZ

Juniors
The yank sports have a salary cap and transfer period.

Over there you aren't allowed to discuss contracts with players who aren't contracted to you already until that period.

Don't see any reason the same can't be implemented in the NRL. It also makes the off-season fun because the free agency period is a big deal with all the news, signings, rumours etc.

Then through the regular season (until the cutoff) it's just trades between teams which is fine by me. They have to deal with mirroring salaries there too, and it makes cap space a valuable commodity.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Situation would be helped greatly if the NRL announced what the new salary cap will be for 2018.
That they haven't yet is shoddy.

legs 11

Juniors
props are number 1 priority otherwise our halves dont have much to work with.
we also need to create some depth as our bench is where we fall down. Spend overs on a prime prop and then try and get a Queensland Cup up and comer at a more reasonable price... someone who is willing to try NZ, much like Webb did when we nabbed him. We have had some success with Queensland players who were not too pricey. Gatis, Luck, Lilyman.

Would love to get a Robbie Mears type player in the team to give Luke some competition, cause when he goes off for a rest our attack becomes very static.

exactly the best value we have ever had were bargain basement aussie hookers.....there seems to be heaps of them playing all levels in aussie....grab a cheap one and he'll make a huge difference

legs 11

Juniors
btw...wont get any support here, but we had 2 home grown stand offs who would have great been long term, if allowed to develop.....k locke and tui....[ to late for both of them now theyre gooooone]

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just read something suggesting Foran is firming to stay at the Warriors

Find it hard to believe though, Dogs wouldn't have let Reynolds go without having all their ducks in a row

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Just read something suggesting Foran is firming to stay at the Warriors

Find it hard to believe though, Dogs wouldn't have let Reynolds go without having all their ducks in a row
Reynolds has cost them games in the past with 'trying too hard' for a lack of better words. He overdoes it at times its cringeworthy and I think the Dogs wouldnt be too sad to see him go IMO.

Benek

Juniors
Agree that dogs would not have let Reynolds go. When I read that news it confirmed for me that Foran must be headed there next year. Would be shocked but delighted to see him re-sign with Warriors.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
True, but he is the heart of that place so they wouldn't move him on lightly, the slump they were in earlier in the year he was the main man turning them around

Iafeta

Referee
Foran is leaving. Need to get Hingano resigned ASAP but In saying that Ata played for the NSW Cup team v Wyong like he'd hit the sauce hard. It was horrible so he needs a lot of work yet.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
No surprises there really. All the best to Foran, hope he gives his best for the rest of the season.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
“It has been an incredibly tough decision to make but it has reached the point where I had to make a call and I’ve done that today,” the 26-year-old to the Warriors website.

“I love it so much here at this club and I have so many people to thank for helping me to get my life and my football career back on track.

“I really wanted to find a way of staying and spending more time here because it’s so good being around the boys and the people here. Every day I have a smile on my face when I come to training.

“But, in the end, it came down to my kids and what’s best for them. I need to be back in Sydney to be closer to them.

“Before I do there’s plenty to do here. I want to finish here as well as I possibly can. We can do something this year and I want to play my part in that.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/e27643d397933c4a29fd5c1e30aa78ae

Some kind words for the club and the boys. Things seem to have improved around culture etc