What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forget buying "Marquee Players" ....

Raiderman

Juniors
We need a coach!

We've let so much talent go that we could not develop and other clubs made them 'centre-piece' players - Our coaching staff couldn't get Weyman on the paddock and Bennett gets him into a starting Australian side!

We've got player stocks to burn - players with potential. imho we need a 'real coach' - someone who can get the most out of our talent.

Offer a coach enough money to want to stick around and give them 100% support!

Talanexor

Juniors
You don't think Furner's appointment to the coaching job was influenced by a certain relative on the board just a little bit?

Stephen Kearney would be a great pickup for you guys. Plus he's used to the colder weather, and his future at the Storm is looking a bit shaky at the moment.

Buy a halfback and a hooker and stick Tongue back to lock where he belongs. Then you'll start winning.

Saint Jack

Juniors
We need a coach!

We've let so much talent go that we could not develop and other clubs made them 'centre-piece' players - Our coaching staff couldn't get Weyman on the paddock and Bennett gets him into a starting Australian side!

We've got player stocks to burn - players with potential. imho we need a 'real coach' - someone who can get the most out of our talent.

Offer a coach enough money to want to stick around and give them 100% support!

You gotta keep your juniors too. Too many good guys leave. But a coach is essential.

I think Brian Smith would be excellent for Canberra. He is very good with a younger squad.

Raiderman

Juniors
Brian Smith is an intellectual Dave Furner - we need a 'boots'n'all' coach like Kearney.

And "Yes!" Furner's appointment was influenced by the board but more because they were too stingy to spend money attracting a professional NRL coach who Furner could work under and learn the ropes!

Saint Jack

Juniors
Brian Smith is an intellectual Dave Furner - we need a 'boots'n'all' coach like Kearney.

And "Yes!" Furner's appointment was influenced by the board but more because they were too stingy to spend money attracting a professional NRL coach who Furner could work under and learn the ropes!

Ken ... ;-)

Raiderman

Juniors
So if the payer wants to perform to his best every week

then it can happen

If the team wants to follow the coaches plans every week

then it can happen

I assume you meant "player" - Look, listen, its the Ferkin coaches job to make sure the players are performing and that the team follows his plan!

No excuses - we need "class" not 'Ass'!

I assume you meant "player" - Look, listen, its the Ferkin coaches job to make sure the players are performing and that the team follows his plan!

No excuses - we need "class" not 'Ass'!

Yep the coach drops the ball , he misses the tackles.

Its abit rich saying its the coaches fault , do yopu really beleive a change in coach would solve all the problems with ball handling etc.

The players have to accept some fault

Raiderman

Juniors
Yep the coach drops the ball , he misses the tackles.

Its abit rich saying its the coaches fault , do yopu really beleive a change in coach would solve all the problems with ball handling etc.

Yep!

The players have to accept some fault

What - for being dumb and butter fingered?

They are supposed to be professionals, fer chrissake - well paid professionals - not "Park footballers"!

Yep!

What - for being dumb and butter fingered?

They are supposed to be professionals, fer chrissake - well paid professionals - not "Park footballers"!

I agree they are professionals and the mistakes they were making against the Broncos , Titans etc were amateurish. ball handling and tackling is something that is coached back in the juniors not at NRL level.

I feel the players arent faultless and deserve to get their ass's kicked , if the coach comes up with the wrong game plans/selections etc then he needs his kicked.

Last edited:

Raiderman

Juniors
I agree they are professionals and the mistakes they were making against the Broncos , Titans etc were amateurish. ball handling and tackling is something that is coached back in the juniors not at NRL level.

I feel the players arent faultless and deserve to get their ass's kicked , if the coach comes up with the wrong game plans/selections etc then he needs his kicked.

Now I'm confused - you seem to be agreeing with me - trouble is he's not kicking ass's and who's going to kick his, certainly not Dad or Godfather!

And, you are wrong about 'ball handling skills' being junior stuff - at least the equivalent to one training session a week is dedicated to ball handling drills by most good NRL coaches.

yeh raiders can play really well when they want to, they arent a high level club like the broncos and storm, but when raiders are on their game, they are a bunch to be reckoned with

Now I'm confused - you seem to be agreeing with me - trouble is he's not kicking ass's and who's going to kick his, certainly not Dad or Godfather!

And, you are wrong about 'ball handling skills' being junior stuff - at least the equivalent to one training session a week is dedicated to ball handling drills by most good NRL coaches.

Your original post implied that the players werent to blame and DF was to wear it all.

my point its not all the coaches fault , the players have to accept responsibility.

If the players havent aquired ball handling skills by the time they hit the NRL , my guess is that they wouldnt reach the NRL. I dont give a toss if one session is dedicated to ball handling, I bet they dont learn anything they didnt learn in the juniors. So I dont think Im wrong.

OK! You are not wrong - Happy?

Ignorance is bliss but no good to argue against! :cool:

what makes you right calling me wrong?

anyway Im done , Ive also got my missus to disagree with, thats enough on its own.
Im just glad we have the boys playing this weekend.

Cryptic

Juniors

OK wait so your pissed he didn't drop half the team for playing like sh*t?

Yet if he did that the forum would be full of people asking for his head...

No coach drops players for ONE poor game... Even one as poor as against the Titans, when they know they can do better... I'm also certain that in training ALL of the players weren't dropping balls or missing tackles... It's just turning up and playing sh*t one day... Granted some of our players have just been doing that every week or so instead of once a year :S