What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Former NRL player Jarrod Mullen suspended

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Not having a shot at him, but although he has been a good player, (and I've always liked Mullen) when we talk about premiership aspirations, truly< what has he offered?
He may well have done it for a stronger club, but at the Knights, he's just been a run of the mill half.
In saying that, I would have loved him at the Eels when we were struggling for a decent playmaker.

Shit, mate.

Santa didn't bring you a Sarcasm Detector for Xmas this year??

Knight76

Juniors
And the club takes another kick to the guts. Won't miss him though really, for mine his entire career he has been fairly average. Sure he tries hard but just never really made it.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
He will pass it off as something a doctor gave him for the hammy, but please leave and retire, taking up way too much cap room.

TIGER14

Bench
Mullen's open letter to fans

To the Fans,

As I'm sure you are all aware I have returned a positive drug test for an anabolic steroid. That's right fellow Novacastrians, I've been juicing harder than Golden Circle.

I know, many of you must be thinking I would be the last person in the league to be on the gear. How could I be, you may ask yourself: I haven't exhibited any extraordinary physical prowess. Well imagine how abysmal I would have been if I WASN'T juicing.

I have been our best player for years now. I carried us through the dark days of Bennett and his demented little protégé, Darius Boyd. I thought I would also have to carry us through Nathan Brown's limp wristed hold over the club.

What else could I do to shoulder this burden? The weight of the world was on my shoulders, how else could I carry the load without steroids?

Joey Johns has been the first to express his disappointment in me. He always told me, it's not a crime unless you get caught. As usual, the great man was right.

The bookies already had the Knights as favourites to take out the wooden spoon. With me out of action I fear we may not even be eligible for a disposable plastic spoon.

I am truly sorry. I wish I never got caught.

Love,

Jarrod.

http://www.fansunite.com.au/2017/01/17/46914/nrl-crisis-talks

nick87

Coach
I wonder if Skeepe is rubbing one out after hearing the news.

Na, like myself Skeepe knows Mullen never anything above a mediocre footballer and the knights were far worse off having him playing for them on big coin

Blokes like he and I may never see a knights pairing like Mullen and Hodkinson again
Sad times :(

OVP

Coach
Will this cause The Telegraph to reset it's NRL Atrocity Watch back to 0 days?

I think they are currently at Blue Alert, although it's possible they may step up to Red Alert if they can find the bulb. It's possible Rothfield drank it down after his 18th bourbon ...

TheFrog

Coach
He is still contracted until 2018 I believe so we will have plenty of money to spend. If we can't get a replacement before the start of the year u can lock in a 3rd spoon in a row sadly
Surely you can't just take a bloke off your books for cap purposes when he's been caught juiced up like this?