What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Sevens Awards Night 2010

bartman

Immortal
well i feel that there is 7 spots in a f7s team

the team of the year should be a mvp from each team
Maybe that could become part of making the Marauders (or equivalent) short list for the following season, to take on the All-Stars?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dave and griffo, just sign up for the Marauders and try to knock over the All Stars in the pre-season.

Bring it on!

Dave Q

Coach
Dave and griffo, just sign up for the Marauders and try to knock over the All Stars in the pre-season.

Bring it on!

So long as its not next week I am in!

Theres gotta be some life in this old cretin, sorry, criterionist

Sad to report that Morticia rejected my advances, If I get really done, Madunit might be a starter for my amourous adventure....

:eek:;-)

griffo346

First Grade
but willow u say sign up for the marauders (that i have no dramas with i have told NT that) but i want to know how is it 3 bluebags get in the team of the yr (shouldnt it be the mvps from each team)

Dave Q

Coach
Mort has good tastes Dave, sorry. You should have asked her to take off her glasses.

lol.

I dont think there is an appeal mechanism Griffo.

Besides, the better the bags are, the more players they will lose as they cant play enough of 'em.

We should have a compulsory draft Willow, thats my cunning idea. Or lets us loan Drew-sta et al for half a season.

We'll take EA too.

Jesbass

First Grade
*stumbles in, half drunk*

Sorry I'm late, folks, but I had to fight dozens of invisible ninjas to get here! But they knew I meant business when I took off my hat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvAbzlfx2jk

I'd like to once again thank Jesbass for his amazing contribution (doing all the things I should've done) and helping to get this night back on track.

No problem, NT. We can't have people putting in their all and not getting rewarded for it! I've just read through the evening's festivities and, radio show or not, you put on a bloody good spectacle! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Big Mick

Referee
Might I give a special mention to that award for Big Mick, after all the hard work he has done for the Panthers to receive the Ozzie award in an F7's Grand Final is well deserved :clap:

aww Thanks mate. Really appreciate my teammates.

Without you, unit, nut, Piper, broncoman...everyone...this team wouldn't be worth being a part of. You guys make it all worth it.

Big Mick

Referee
Congrats to all the award winners on their hard work and contribution to yet another fine sevens season.

I look forward to sharing the field with you once again in 2011 :D

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Thanks for the kinds words guys.

Thanks to NT for the awards night, Willow for his votes, Goz for his running commentary and the F7's for giving me something I really enjoy doing.

Have loved this year, and now have too many images to put in my signautre! :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I could be wrong, but I believe F7's award winners get an exception and can have three?

Jesbass

First Grade
I could be wrong, but I believe F7's award winners get an exception and can have three?

That'd be pretty cool! (But it's the first I've ever heard of it.)

I think the solution is an animated .gif. :thumn

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
but willow u say sign up for the marauders (that i have no dramas with i have told NT that) but i want to know how is it 3 bluebags get in the team of the yr (shouldnt it be the mvps from each team)
Mate, it's just the highest seven placed players on the backpackers player of the year table. The ones who've got the most points in the 3,2,1 based on scores for games through the year.

In a sense they really are the comp's "MVPs", while each team's MVPs are the captain's choice of best player/contributor for the team (and not necessarily best scorers).

Jesbass

First Grade
Mate, it's just the highest seven placed players on the backpackers player of the year table. The ones who've got the most points in the 3,2,1 based on scores for games through the year.

In a sense they really are the comp's "MVPs", while each team's MVPs are the captain's choice of best player/contributor for the team (and not necessarily best scorers).

Really? I've never looked into the past teams, but I always thought it was more than simply the players with the 7 most BP points? I could be completely wrong - Mrs Jesbass says that happens a lot - but I always thought there was more to it than just getting lots of BP points.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We started the Team of the year last year and the criteria was, the players with the highest Backpacker Points at seasons end would be the team of the year and All-Stars team for the opening match of the season against the marauders.

That way, it did away with controversy over who may have selected the side. Essentially the side is picked entirely on each individuals performance.

Last year there were two panthers players, this year there were 3 bluebags. It's just the way the cookie crumbles.

So griffo, the team picks itself, no one 'selects it'

Jesbass, would you and ray be interested in a Marauders appearance? :D
Unit and Mick would also be eligible...wow.
I'm going to sh*t up this side haha.

Latest posts