What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Sevens Radio

ParraMatt

Bench
Hey Peeps. As you may Know Roosterboy60 and Myself both own Radio Stations on the Net. I thought to get the word accross to the sports Listeners on the Internet we could do a Weekly Forum Sevens Show. Myself or Roosterboy60 could host the Show and talk about articles, teams, players, the season in general each week until the season starts, And then when the season starts we could continue the show on a Night for eg.. When all articles are marked by the referee. The referee sends the results to me and I read them out on the Air, It'll get a strong fan base and alot of Forum Sevens Members will tune in to hear the results live. Then say 1 hour later they get posted up on the Forums.

It'll Attract alot of the Forum Seven Members to interact and listen to a Weekly show. We could even give some allready Forum Seven's Members a go to do a show aswell.

Maybe even have interviews with Captains and read out Top Articles of the week and so forth. Just thought I would raise the Point, Anyone Got any thoughts on the Matter?

I thought I would post it here in Forums Central and see what everyone has to say not just the management because they dont seem to be saying much on the issue besides Zef.

Cheers
ParraMatt.

half

Coach
i think it's an awesome idea!!! as long as you can listen to the show with only a 56k modem

Gobbso

Juniors
Why the hell not? there's only one way to find out if it be successful or not. It's definitely worth a shot. Give it a go i say! 8)

ParraMatt

Bench
If Everyone agrees I was thinking of starting it on the 27th of November. That way it is hopefully marking day for the referees of the Rhinos - Lions Trial and I think the Sharks - Eels Trial, So we could make it that Referees have a set date that they must be marked by so they email me the scores and I read them out the day or 2 days after the game is complete on the Weekly Show... Then they get posted on the Forums. So Basically the Radio Show is the live Resource for the Die Hard Forum Sevens Fans. Plus I will have a Speaker Phone where certain Forum Sevens Members can Ring me and have a Chat and be a Panelist for a Night... Its all Unofficial right now, But the more people that get behind it the better chance we have of making this happen, I think it could be a big step taken for Forum Sevens if it goes ahead.

The Backpacker

Juniors
ParraMatt said:
So we could make it that Referees have a set date that they must be marked by so they email me the scores and I read them out the day or 2 days after the game is complete on the Weekly Show... .

Contrary to popular belief, I do have a job and it's shift work (and can go well into the night if it's a call out) so I can't guarentee having anything ready an hour or even a minute before the recommended time that the games should be marked by, of 9pm Friday following fulltime.

It's a case of don't rely on BP (at this stage). Sorry. :(

ParraMatt

Bench
Well for eg, Lets say Matches end Wednesday 9.00pm, We have the show Friday Night at 9.00pm, Giving refs 2 days to mark them, The marks must be sent to daniel or Me by 8.00pm ready for the show at 9pm

Anonymous

Juniors
It places too much pressure on the refs, it adds an unneccessary step in the marking process and I personally don't think many people would bother listening. I know I'd much rather just get my score from the forum rather than listening on radio...

ParraMatt

Bench
El Garbo said:
It places too much pressure on the refs, it adds an unneccessary step in the marking process and I personally don't think many people would bother listening. I know I'd much rather just get my score from the forum rather than listening on radio...

Pressure??

Mate, Im not being slack to the Referees at all but come on.. If a referee cant have them marked by 2 days after the deadline obviously they shouldnt be refing, They choose to referee and even this year the referees had the posts marked by 2 days. I dont think it is a waste of time at all, Having an open line number aswell with special guests joining the show I think it'd make a big lift in the Forum Sevens in general.

Anonymous

Juniors
I'm not saying you shouldn't go ahead with it... however if it happens that a referee doesn't manage to mark a game in time (they have lives beyond this forum, after all) then I wouldn't be getting upset about it.

I can take it or leave it. I'm not interested in internet radio, never have been, and for no other reason than that I won't bother tuning in. But if you can get an audience, then go for it.

ParraMatt

Bench
El garbo, All Im saying is that If the Referees expect all articles to be in by 9.00pm on a cartain day then the Referees should have a job to have them marked by a certain day.

Im trying to say this in the nicest way to the Referees because they do a splended job.

The Backpacker

Juniors
Parramatt, with all due respect...

I take offence to your remarks regarding we shouldn't be referees if we can't have a game marked in 2 days. 14 essays in 48 hours. Fine, if we had 48 hours of spare time. I work. If I'm on afternoons, I'm supposed to finish at 11. In my job, this depends on my patients. If I get a call out at 10pm to go 200km's away, I'm not going to say 'sorry, I have a game to mark'. If this senario occured, I may not even get to the unit until 3 in the morning. Then the paper work takes over and I may be lucky to crawl into my jammies by 5 in the morning, only to get up and do it all again at 2.30 that day.

I will endeavour to have games marked in the recommended time - but this may not happen. The last thing I am going to worry about is sending them to you beforehand, if I'm running late. Sorry. If that makes me a bad referee, so be it. Belt me with a cricket bat. :D

ParraMatt

Bench
I understand where your coming from, Maybe if its too hard to have them marked by 2 days we make it a Sunday Afternoon, Giving the Referees From Wednesday - Sunday to mark them and the Show could be a Sunday Night. Its just a suggestion.

Anonymous

Juniors
I'm backing The Backpacker here.
ParraMatt, it sounds like you're imposing some sort of deadline on the ref to suit something that you want to do.
I don't want this to cause problems for the referees.
If you want to talk about the F7s on the radio show, then thats fine. But you may to work with the referee's timetable, not the other way around.
Why cant you just talk about the comp, maybe read out an essay, mention the F7s table, the draw etc. The scores aren't that crucial and can be rad out the following week.

The Backpacker

Juniors
Exactly Willow. One poster has already said he's not fussed on this concept and has been blunt about it. I agree with El Garbo (it was EG? - Sorry tired) but was trying to be diplomatic.

To be totally honest - run with what Willow has said and read the results on another night, once they're all in. Theres alot you can put in the show, without the scores.

Zef

Juniors
ParraMatt said:
because they dont seem to be saying much on the issue besides Zef.

That’s because I have an opinion on just about anything Matt, not always right, but an opinion all the same.

And naturally I’ve got more to say on this…..

I still reckon it’s be a cracker of an idea and yous could turn into a gem if done rightly or a lemon if done wrongly. And seeing as I like both you and Dan and your enthusiasm, I’m not gonna p.ss in your pocket about it, I’ll be blunt:

(SERMON BEGINS) If yous do this thing in the right spirit and for the right reasons you will collect yourselves an audience and it’ll probably be us. However, the second either one of yous (or any guests you may have), start using it to push an agenda or question judgements or raise bad blood or any of that negative stuff – you’ll have a big fat lemon on your hands and you’ll start losing cyber-friends fast.

You’ll need to be EXTREMELY disciplined on this issue. You can make your radio show become an asset to this game if you play it positive. BUT! The second you start with the negatives you’ll attract the negative’s, the sh.t will hit the fan and everything will go downhill fast. And you’re radio show will then be remembered as not an asset to the game, but a blight on it. (SERMON ENDS).

So the question is lads, can you’s pull that off? Worry about the timing, the format and all the rest of it later on because they’re minor issues that will fall into place. The big issue is wether anyone who appears on the show can do so while leaving their luggage at the door. And believe me it’s not easy – it’ll take constant discipline and vigilance.

I still say go for it, but think about it. And always have a pragmatic producer or someone else hovering in the background with a short temper and a big stick for those times when someone strays from the path.

ozzie

Bench
Willow said:
I'm backing The Backpacker here.
ParraMatt, it sounds like you're imposing some sort of deadline on the ref to suit something that you want to do.
I don't want this to cause problems for the referees.
If you want to talk about the F7s on the radio show, then thats fine. But you may to work with the referee's timetable, not the other way around.
Why cant you just talk about the comp, maybe read out an essay, mention the F7s table, the draw etc. The scores aren't that crucial and can be rad out the following week.

geez we mustn't be paying the refs enough money..we'll have to look at this...

Raider_69

Post Whore
instead of getting the results sent to you Parramatt how about you guys just assess the articles and you and daniel can give your verdicts on the games and articles, much like tipping for the footy

then you can throw in some interveiws and what not and shoudl easily be able to fill in the time ;-)

Latest posts