What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French Connection

terracesider

Juniors
An article by Ray French in League Weekly (a British RL paper) said that as part of New Caledonia's RL development policy they had signed an agreement with
"a French College in Maraoubra in Sydney for the opening of the first Football and School Academy next February and that is a huge opportunity for Caledonian kids tp learn their rugby with Souths Juniors.

Any details? Is that college the French school or something different?

The article was basically an interview with the Caledonian development officer who was moaning that the French RL wouldn't raise a finger to help.

Big Bunny

Juniors
Any mention of the numbers expected to be coming from NC to this college? Overall I think this initiative is one that will be fruitful for the New Caledonians and perhaps down the track a solid boost for Souths, if even one player graduates to any of the major grades. This isn't the first international development club I have heard of being looked at for Souths Juniors, but it is the first to actually be putting the plan into action.

It's a shame that the FFR XIII can't help NC better, but with the state of the game in France I don't expect them to be able to do anything noteworthy until a couple of years after UTC / Toulouse are in the Superleague.

Latest posts