What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friday Night

Bubbles

Juniors
Good luck Eels on Friday night. On current form my Chooks will get lapped!!! Your team is playing awesome footy this season, led by one of the most exciting youngsters in Tim Smith to emerge in your club for years!

I'm heading to the game with a few Parra fanatics - I think I'm in for one painful night, better have a few drinks to anaesthise myself lol!

Still, you never know in this unpredictable game of ours, so good luck and let's hope it's a great game of footy!!

attamarrap

Juniors
yeah good on you for wishing us luck same to your guys I dont think your mob is to far away from a win I see this one as the most likley game we are gonna lose for the rest of the season along with the dogs and broncos games

Clarkieel

Juniors
yeah I am a bit worried about this one I still have memories of standing in the hail last season watching us get smashed
brrrrrrrrrrrr it was horrible!!

parra_princess

Juniors
Bubbles said:
Good luck Eels on Friday night. On current form my Chooks will get lapped!!! Your team is playing awesome footy this season, led by one of the most exciting youngsters in Tim Smith to emerge in your club for years!

I'm heading to the game with a few Parra fanatics - I think I'm in for one painful night, better have a few drinks to anaesthise myself lol!

Still, you never know in this unpredictable game of ours, so good luck and let's hope it's a great game of footy!!

We'll see what happens, the Roosters definitely are not playing to their potential but on their night could pull off a win against anybody. If Parra are firing, i'm hoping we can account for a passionate Roosters outfit. Thanks for your kind words Bubbles, good luck with the Roosters for the rest of the year.

Does anybody else get deja vu watching the Roosters of 05 and thinking it's Parra of 2002? Think about it, both sides coming off a Grand Final loss, both sides had/having disappointing seasons yet still manage to win a few good games here and there but generally lack lusture performances. As well Parra limped into the finals and Roosters appear to be doing the same. Hmm Anyways.

WA Eel

Juniors
Yes - other similarities between the two sides are a) retirements to key players (Taylor and Fittler) and also subtle rule changes / rule interpretations which have made their respective forward packs much less effective than in previous years.

Bubbles

Juniors
Hey parra_princess, I hate to split hairs but we're coming off two GF losses so there endeth the comparison! lol! Now why the hell am I laughing

Look, as disheartening as recent games have been, the Chooks are capable of beating anyone on their night, but with our continuing halves problems including one of our promising youngster's Soward being out for a month, I just don't see us upsetting you guys too much. They say that games are won in the halves (they say that about forwards too for that matter!), and there's no doubt who the form half is in this game, if not the comp. I can see us having nightmares about Smith's kicking game for weeks to come!

Still, as I said, you never know and I'll be praying for hail LOL!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Should be a good game

Any chance of Jamie Soward being back cause I'd like to see him and Tim Smith go head to head.
'
Whoever wins the forward battle should win the match the Roposters halves are still a major problem but any team with the likes of Minichellio, Wing, Fitzgibbon, Morley and J.Cayless can't be taken lightly regardless of where they are sitting on the ladder.

Soward is a different type of the player to Tim Smith. Soward is a better runner (very quick) and is more of an Individual player where as Tim Smith is the organising set up your outside backs type of player. Both have very good kicking games.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I know and thats why I want to see them go head to head

Just to see which of the contrasting styles works better on the night.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Good intelligent thread

I'm very worried about this game, disregard the form guide Roosters at home are very hard to beat, now have a look at their backline it makes me worried, i'd give anything to have Cross in our side, aswell as Mini.

Tupou of the bench is very dangerous, we have to treat him like he's SBW or even Solomona, he's offloading abilities, speed is unique to say the least.

Throw in Morley, Cayless, Crocker, Roberts, Monaghan this is still a fantastic looking sde, one whom i still have a heap of respect for.

I just hope we can beat them to justify us as Premiership hopefulls.

Latest posts