What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Trial Schedule for 2004

Frenzy

Juniors
OK peeps, here are the Sharks trials for 2004

February 7th

Entire senior squad to the Central Coast to play one half against the four Central Coast teams, Ourimbah, Erina, Woy Woy and The Entrance.

February 14th

Parramatta up at Ballina.

February 21st

Senior squad excluding our top 15 will play Canberra Premier League side plus the two Flegg teams down at Mollymook.

February 28th

Top 25 will play three sections of football in Port Macquarie against Wingham, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.

All are Saturdays.

wittyfan

Referee
Frenzy said:
Top 25 will play three sections of football in Port Macquarie against Wingham

Good to see them playing a trial where Sully played his junior football. I'd imagine he'd be playing in that game. :)

cheese

Bench
Im super keen on the mollymook trial .........I love that joint.....The marlin is a great pub too. Im pretty sure ive got a gig that night though, which sucks .....i gotta get me one of those diary things.

Mollymook beach firing a few years back .....it was f**king huge that day, the pic does it no justice
molly.jpg

Frenzy

Juniors
cheese said:
Im super keen on the mollymook trial .........I love that joint.....The marlin is a great pub too. Im pretty sure ive got a gig that night though, which sucks .....i gotta get me one of those diary things.

Mollymook beach firing a few years back .....it was f**king huge that day, the pic does it no justice
molly.jpg

When were you last at the Marlin cheese? It's got a very BAD rep now.

Golf Club is the go in Mollymook now. :)

cheese

Bench
Probably about 2 years since ive been to the marlin ......a few dero'z were starting to creep into the joint, but it was still worthy of a beer.

I forgot about the golf club ......ive never really caught it on a good night, but my mate has a holiday house down there and he swears by it.

Are you a bit of a mollymook buff frenz? ......its an awesome place

Frenzy

Juniors
cheese said:
Probably about 2 years since ive been to the marlin ......a few dero'z were starting to creep into the joint, but it was still worthy of a beer.

I forgot about the golf club ......ive never really caught it on a good night, but my mate has a holiday house down there and he swears by it.

Are you a bit of a mollymook buff frenz? ......its an awesome place

Yep cheese. Stay at my mates house down the road at Burrill Lake about 10 times a year and am regular enough at the Golf Club for the courtesy bus driver to know my name :lol: :lol:

Will be down there again from 26th Dec till the 4th Jan.

NYE in the Golf Club

And Jimbo

Hey why not! Most of the patrons in the Mollymook Golf Club are Sharks fans as it happens!

cheese

Bench
Frenzy said:
Yep cheese. Stay at my mates house down the road at Burrill Lake about 10 times a year
Tidy :) ...good fishing there ....as you would no doubt know ......especially at this time of year when the prawns are running.
and am regular enough at the Golf Club for the courtesy bus driver to know my name :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Foz

Bench
The Erina, Ourimbah Woy Woy The Entrance game is at the Stadium Hulk. Problem is what they call it this week. Central Coast Express Advocate, North Power who knows.
Graham Park.
Tough decision for me who to support when Woy Woy play the Sharks. I just hope Woy Woy do ok and the Sharks flog the others.
If Cronulla play the same side for the whole game and we cop a fresh The Entrance side in the last quarter it might get a bit tough. (somehow I think we'll be running on a heap of blokes though).
I saw Parra (when they were good in the early 80's) play a similar format against Wyong and a few Coast sides up at Morry Breen.
Parra only beat each side around 16-20 to 4 or nil. Problem was it added up to about 68-4(or similar)at the finish and Parra didnt look real impressive.

imasharkie

Coach
Frenzy said:
OK peeps, here are the Sharks trials for 2004

February 14th

Parramatta up at Ballina.
Thats my game.
Frenzy any word on what team will play?
I notice all the other games you mentioned what grade teams were playing and because of our isolation here in queensland it would be good to see an A grade side play. The only time we see A grade play is against the broncs and we gett beaten by them up here regularely so would be good to see them play another nrl team.

wittyfan

Referee
Gunna Matter said:
What about the annual trip and subsequent sex scandal in nz? :roll:

The NZ tour was an Anderson initiative and, like Anderson himself, is now history. :)

I thought this thread was about Anderson's claim for breach of contract! :lol: :lol: :lol: Was wondering how they'd managed to come up with trial dates so quickly.

Personally, I don't think it is much of a preparation. We'll realistically only have the 7s and the hit out against Parramatta as worthwhile opposition before the season proper starts. For the good of the game, we've got to play out in the country (suits me as Mollymook is reasonably close to Canberra), but I'd rather we played 3-4 matches against other NRL sides.

Give combinations a chance to gel in as close to the pressure situation and intensity of NRL football as possible. Trying out combinations against weak country sides is no real form guide at all. Hopefully, they'll come up with another couple of matches to add into the trial program between now and February.

Special K

Coach
Foz said:
The Erina, Ourimbah Woy Woy The Entrance game is at the Stadium Hulk. Problem is what they call it this week. Central Coast Express Advocate, North Power who knows.
Graham Park.
Tough decision for me who to support when Woy Woy play the Sharks. I just hope Woy Woy do ok and the Sharks flog the others.
If Cronulla play the same side for the whole game and we cop a fresh The Entrance side in the last quarter it might get a bit tough. (somehow I think we'll be running on a heap of blokes though).
I saw Parra (when they were good in the early 80's) play a similar format against Wyong and a few Coast sides up at Morry Breen.
Parra only beat each side around 16-20 to 4 or nil. Problem was it added up to about 68-4(or similar)at the finish and Parra didnt look real impressive.
you gotta take thes sharkies over the two headed players from the woy ;)

i didn't know where it would be because this year when the raiders played up here they did it at tuggerah. Meh I'll be there in my Sharks jumper with my Ourimbah shirt underneath it :D

mullet

Juniors
you gotta take thes sharkies over the two headed players from the woy ;)

i didn't know where it would be because this year when the raiders played up here they did it at tuggerah. Meh I'll be there in my Sharks jumper with my Ourimbah shirt underneath it :D

pffft go the entrance :p

It's a skinny schedule, I would like the club to be playing an NRL side than these nuffies up at the Central coast. They can practice their combo's but the intencity will be missing bigtime!