What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funniest looking league personality - Turkey Neck Gibbo

iggy plop

First Grade
After watching "Main Game" on Fox Sports the other night it would have to be Mike "Turkey Neck" Gibson. He was having a chat with Ray Chesterton and you saw a great shot of Gibbo's profile.

His neck was wobbling all over the place as he was shaking his head, it was rather funny. He also has a brilliant smother going on top of his head. You can also see the turkey neck and smother on "The Back Page" every Monday night.

The guy is a legend. He has written many articles bagging AFL in the past which rates highly in my books.

He really his the funniest looking sporting personality in Australia at the moment, possibly the world.

More power to old Turkey Neck!

Dean Richie is up there as well and of course that Rebecca thing.

P.S My god I'm tired, get me out of this shithole - I keep dreaming of Turkey Neck!! 8-[

Southernsaint

Staff member
He tried to bag Choc in one of his articles & got rebutted with Extreme Prejudice :lol:

But his unwavering support for Norths is admirable.

Cheers,
Ben S.

innsaneink

Referee
I like reading his articles, but by god Mike, ditch the comb over!

Quick definitions (denial)

noun: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism that denies painful thoughts

iggy plop

First Grade
Le Rouge said:
Southernsaint said:

What a champ!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yep ole Turkey Neck is my journo hero. He sticks up for the game at every opportunity against rival codes and I like his passion for the Bears.

I'm also a fan of his wobbly neck

Gobble gobble gobble. :lol:

Get a look at it next you see him on the box. It's a classic.

dimitri

First Grade
i love it how he sticks it to all those other journos who write crap about our game

and try and talk up the more boring codes (AFL and yawnyawn)

OVP

Coach
Southernsaint said:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Absolute crap !!!

He sold out his team just to keep his job with Satan during the Superleague War. He wrote articles even saying why Norths should be booted/merge.

Short Memory, must have a ....

Every time i drop a Gibbo in the toilet, i think of him (and i'm not even a Norths supporter ... i just HATE liars !!!)

iggy plop

First Grade
Wouldn't listen to that shit even if I was paid a truckload.

It's barely a rugby league program.

ABC, Sports Today, Saturday Sports Today, 2SM Talkin' Sport, Andrew Moore's Sports Zone - all quality.

CCT = agenda driven tripe with very poor comedy.

Ive found it really funny the last couple of weeks. They dont talk much football at all...if you wanted footy talk you wouldnt like the show.

Also the agenda's has cooled off a little this year if you ask me.

Does 2SM still have its Sat Sports show?

iggy plop

First Grade
Yeah I've learnt not to listen which is a shame. Being a rugby league lover, you'd think I'd be glued to the only commercial radio station covering the game, but not to be.

Anyway not to worry.

2SM don't do the Sat sports show anymore, but they do a weekly sports show between 3pm and 7pm 5 days a week. Heaps of league content.

Wow...thats alot of sport. I'll keep that in mind.

I turned off 2GB for a couple of years. Now its really the only opinion on a weekend after midday.

Like I said though....Ive found it really funny this year. :)

Southernsaint

Staff member
2KY has Hollywood (the original) & Zorba on Sunday mornings from 8am until 10am.

Another decent show (but slowly going downhill, IMO) is A View From The Hill on 2SER 107.3 from 11am-midday Saturdays.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Once Dead

Bench
Southernsaint said:
2KY has Hollywood (the original) & Zorba on Sunday mornings from 8am until 10am.

Another decent show (but slowly going downhill, IMO) is A View From The Hill on 2SER 107.3 from 11am-midday Saturdays.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Downhill? How so? The language factor? I'd like to see them have a bit more coverage of the lower grades like they did last year though - there might be a little too much talkback these days for a 1hr show

zulu

Juniors
Southernsaint said:

Cheers,
Ben S.

I think Hollywood and Zorba starts at 7am on Sunday mornings on 2KY.

It's a great, passionate rugby league show.

zulu said:
Southernsaint said:

Cheers,
Ben S.

I think Hollywood and Zorba starts at 7am on Sunday mornings on 2KY.

It's a great, passionate rugby league show.

It is good....aslong as you listen for fun and dont take it to seriously. I listen to it...when ever Im awake at that time on a Sunday morning!

iggy plop

First Grade
Graeme Hughes and the boys ROCK on 2SM of an afternoon. There were some great league interviews this week and the boys are quite funny.

Finally an afternoon Sports Show in Sydney!! Great lead-in to Sports Today on 2UE.