What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Further proof the Mcintyre system is flawed

El Diablo

Post Whore
Southernsaint said:
Jealous of what?? Saints have been far more competetive in the years since either of our clubs won a Premiership.

If you want to talk past Grand Final losses, we can talk past Grand Final wins too. We've won 15, you've won a measly 4!!

we've won 4 premierships since you last won yours

Southernsaint

Staff member
El Diablo said:
we've won 4 premierships since you last won yours

Maybe so, El, but even then, it's been a long time between drinks for both clubs & a stack of wasted money, especially for the Eels since 1986...

Anyway, weren't we talking about the McIntyre System??

parra pete

Referee
To my way of reckoning, St George/ILLAWARRA has won NONE. What happened before they became a joint Club doesn't matter. I only use losing their last five grand finals to sling a bit of sh*t. :lol: :lol:

HevyDevy said:
The system would work better if it was 1v4, 2v3, 5v8 and 6v7 with the two losers from the bottom half eliminated.

You just described the AFL Finals System. And it's a much better system IMO.
It gives all teams something to play for in the first week, you win, you get a reward. In the case of 1-4 you get to go straight to week 3 if you win, and week 2 if you lose. In the case of 5-8 you get to survive to week 2 if you win, and are eliminated if you lose. And after 26 weeks of work to get into the top 4 IMO you should be given the reward of reaching week 2 no matter.

As it is now under McIntire, if you are team say 4, there's little chance you'll be eliminated in week 1, but also little chance you'll go straight to week 3. In hindsight, McIntire has dead no consequence games every year.

Albinomonkey

Juniors
parra pete said:
I agree. We can handle the pressure, you chokes, oops I mean blokes, can't

parra pete said:
Coming up for six in a row for you chokes, I mean blokes. Why can't I get the fact that you are chokers out of my mind. Sorry. :lol:

parra pete said:
And you have done your recruitment for nix. Gee, the Saints are really terrific. It's just that they choke in Grand Finals!!!!
Denis has been the CEO for over twenty five years. Looks like he might have beaten Cancer and is in danger of dying of old age.
Don't ever be jealous of achievers. It does you no good at all....

it's not much fun losing, and it's not very nice to make fun of another team losing, but where's parra pete gone? :lol::lol::lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Way to get owned Parra Pete. Some folk just have a knack of setting themselves up for a fall.