What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

horrie hastings

First Grade
Really?!
I could’ve sworn I read an article saying he’d passed. Well good to hear he’s still alive and kicking though I’m guessing he’s staying dry these days

Yes he is alive and well and yes he has basically given up those pursuits these days though. He appeared on the ABC show You Cant Ask That last year and was also very active around World Pride this year and even appeared in a show called All the Sex I Ever Had at the Darlinghurst theatre.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yes he is alive and well and yes he has basically given up those pursuits these days though. He appeared on the ABC show You Cant Ask That last year and was also very active around World Pride this year and even appeared in a show called All the Sex I Ever Had at the Darlinghurst theatre.
Yeah I just did a google and found that out!

Timbo

Staff member

Yep this is what the punters want

what next Sydney rock oysters at 8 bucks a pop

I mean, it is though.

We always hold the USA up as the gold standard of a stadium experience. When I went to a baseball game in Seattle my wife was able to buy a fresh lobster roll from a stand near our seats, and I had about five different gourmet burger places to choose from, and they all looked incredible. Not to mention they had 50+ different kinds of beer.

The days of the average punter wanting a pie and chips is well and truly behind us.

Wb1234

Referee
I mean, it is though.

We always hold the USA up as the gold standard of a stadium experience. When I went to a baseball game in Seattle my wife was able to buy a fresh lobster roll from a stand near our seats, and I had about five different gourmet burger places to choose from, and they all looked incredible. Not to mention they had 50+ different kinds of beer.

The days of the average punter wanting a pie and chips is well and truly behind us.
Meh if I want five star I’d go to a restaurant with views

el Hannah and al assel aren’t bad choices though

Still say cheap beer pies and fries is better than being gouged at the game

Reactions: Vee

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

But we ain’t had cheap beer pies and fries in decades anyway at the big stadiums, it’s been overpriced pies and fries as long as I can remember. If you pretty much accept that the food is gonna be a bit overpriced then at least it’s good to see that there’s a bunch of options now. Again the American model is where it’s at, you pay but at least you get something good for your money and there’s choice.

Wb1234

Referee
But we ain’t had cheap beer pies and fries in decades anyway at the big stadiums, it’s been overpriced pies and fries as long as I can remember. If you pretty much accept that the food is gonna be a bit overpriced then at least it’s good to see that there’s a bunch of options now. Again the American model is where it’s at, you pay but at least you get something good for your money and there’s choice.
And fans have been complaining about it

govts are maximising revenue (fair enough) by charging such high rents that punters have to get gouged

Look at Newtown jets with their kb beer

And fans have been complaining about it

govts are maximising revenue (fair enough) by charging such high rents that punters have to get gouged

Look at Newtown jets with their kb beer
Jets working on nostalgia/feel-good factor there. It was a mate of mine who did volunteer work at the club talked them into getting the first few cases and it took off from there in spite of the beer tasting shit. It’s not the same shitness without the dimple texture can imo. Is it still there? Haven’t been in a while.

Wb1234

Referee
Jets working on nostalgia/feel-good factor there. It was a mate of mine who did volunteer work at the club talked them into getting the first few cases and it took off from there in spite of the beer tasting shit. It’s not the same shitness without the dimple texture can imo. Is it still there? Haven’t been in a while.
Yeh this was ten years ago

why change a winning formula though

8972 is a great crowd average so it’s working

Timbo

Staff member

Alright, that may be the case for you personally but the tastes of the average person going to a game are clearly changing or there wouldn't be a clear market for this stuff.

As someone else said above, when was the last time you could get a cheap pie at the footy? 1995? If it's going to be expensive I'd like it to be good.

Wb1234

Referee
Alright, that may be the case for you personally but the tastes of the average person going to a game are clearly changing or there wouldn't be a clear market for this stuff.

As someone else said above, when was the last time you could get a cheap pie at the footy? 1995? If it's going to be expensive I'd like it to be good.
When surveys ask nrl fans why they don’t go to games what’s the number one answer

tickets are already too expensive

anyway the article title is misleading some of the new options are budgetish

I don’t eat or drink at games anyway other than a coffee

Bukowski

Juniors
When surveys ask nrl fans why they don’t go to games what’s the number one answer

tickets are already too expensive

anyway the article title is misleading some of the new options are budgetish

I don’t eat or drink at games anyway other than a coffee
You previously have said you don't go to games anymore. No point bitching about something that doesn't effect you.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Carlton started producing KB again about 2 years ago and then after about 6 months they pulled the plug on it, it was popular again and people started ringing to made sure we had stock of it before they came in. They did the same with Reschs DA about 18 months ago, became popular again and they pulled the plug on production, again had customers ringing up and asking us to hold stock for them.

Munky

Coach
We want state of the art stadiums!

I don't want to pay a ticket price that barely covers the cost of building and maintenance!

1_BjhWKXd2bVDituh3-Zz_UA.gif

Iamback

Coach

In Theory you make sense, Reality is instead of paying $20 for a pie and chips. You will be looking at $40 for slightly better food.

People will still eat before they go in

Latest posts