What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Suitman

Post Whore
Even though work was today officially announced as "getting under way" at the new Western Sydney Stadium with a puff piece from the state government, work has been ongoing now for the best part of 9 months.
The second picture shows how steep the concourses will be as promised in the design schedule.
Work is progressing very quickly.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...y/news-story/08ff1b2bb83ab28b156b232c12aead97

36567517224_fb7862970d_b.jpg

37230512076_fdda1c38ac_b.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Even though work was today officially announced as "getting under way" at the new Western Sydney Stadium with a puff piece from the state government, work has been ongoing now for the best part of 9 months.
The second picture shows how steep the concourses will be as promised in the design schedule.
Work is progressing very quickly.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...y/news-story/08ff1b2bb83ab28b156b232c12aead97

36567517224_fb7862970d_b.jpg

37230512076_fdda1c38ac_b.jpg

Gladys will do anything for a photo op these days...

Im guessing they will be announcing the exciting landmarks of:
- Half-way mark
- Half-way to the half-way mark
- First clogged port-a-loo
- First clogged port-a-loo being replaced
- Wednesday

Cant wait...

Suitman

Post Whore
Gladys will do anything for a photo op these days...

Im guessing they will be announcing the exciting landmarks of:
- Half-way mark
- Half-way to the half-way mark
- First clogged port-a-loo
- First clogged port-a-loo being replaced
- Wednesday

Cant wait...

True, and lol at your suggestions for the next photo ops. There's almost one a week these days at one of the major infrastructure projects around Sydney.

In saying that, all credit to her (and Mike Baird). This govt is getting heaps of shit done.

insert.pause

First Grade
Minister for SCG Trust, Stuart Ayres;

“Why would we let the NRL Grand Final go lightly?

“There is a plan that would stop any grand finals going interstate. If Allianz is redeveloped 12 months before ANZ Stadium, the two grand finals could be played right here at Moore Park.

“One at a brand new football stadium with 47 thousands seats, the other potentially at the Sydney Cricket Ground."

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...final-queensland-set-to-take-game-from-sydney

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

siv

First Grade
SFS and SCG always used to host the finals series for years

I dont see a big drama with it

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
SFS and SCG always used to host the finals series for years

I dont see a big drama with it

When is the last time Brisbane/Melbourne/Perth hosted an NRL grand final? Never...

Sydney has them locked up for 20 years after ANZ is redone. But for the 2 years in between, the NRL can go anywhere.

"We have a once in a lifetime opportunity to hold a GF anywhere in Australia. I know, lets got to East Sydney....."

head-banging-clipart-42.png

siv

First Grade
When is the last time Brisbane/Melbourne/Perth hosted an NRL grand final? Never...

Sydney has them locked up for 20 years after ANZ is redone. But for the 2 years in between, the NRL can go anywhere.

"We have a once in a lifetime opportunity to hold a GF anywhere in Australia. I know, lets got to East Sydney....."

head-banging-clipart-42.png

SL War 1997

Personally I would prefer it return to the traditional SCG venue

Raiderdave

First Grade
its a perfect bit of leverage though

no ANZ upgrade to the 1 billion dollar price tag promised.... rectangle with a roof

no deal on GF's in Sydney
we'll take them where we want .......

Raiderdave

First Grade
hahahahahahaha

an NRL GF in Townsville with 30,000 fans ???

OMG
what utter stupidity ................

I mean hell , the ACT govt should make a bid if thats the case

BlueandGold

Juniors

axl rose

Bench
Just leave the SCG in the distant past where it belongs. Terrible venue for league and the majority of fans that attend games these days have no connection to it, its just a cricket ground with a terrible view.

jim_57

Staff member
The NRL would be mad not to take at least 1 game to Brisbane and maybe put the other out to tender. With offers flying in from Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Auckland as well as the SCG/SFS they would have some bargaining power negotiating a deal with ANZ going forward.

Latest posts