What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

It seems their proposal is for it to then kick on to Green Square and link up with the airport line via Zetland.

Not the worst idea given the density of housing in that area. It'd also mean that the new light rail would primarily be servicing people heading back east after games at the SFS, heading to Circular Quay to get the ferry or kicking on after the game into the city.

I'd be ok with this happening even without the new SFS being built. It's a f**king nightmare getting away from there currently after a Sydney Sixers or Australian cricket match.

They’d need to convert the airport line to a metro standard.

horrie hastings

First Grade
It seems their proposal is for it to then kick on to Green Square and link up with the airport line via Zetland.

Not the worst idea given the density of housing in that area. It'd also mean that the new light rail would primarily be servicing people heading back east after games at the SFS, heading to Circular Quay to get the ferry or kicking on after the game into the city.

I'd be ok with this happening even without the new SFS being built. It's a f**king nightmare getting away from there currently after a Sydney Sixers or Australian cricket match.

The whole area around East Village( Zetland) really needs a public transport up grade, it Is so high density and all it has is a couple of crappy bus services going through it from San Souci,Mascot or Eastgardens to the city or a cross country bus from Wolli Creek to Bondi Jct. the south west metro line should have been slightly re routed and tried to in corporate stations in this area instead of the Waterloo station which is already serviced by better public transport with buses to the city, Redfern and Green Square stations.

Timbo

Staff member
The whole area around East Village( Zetland) really needs a public transport up grade, it Is so high density and all it has is a couple of crappy bus services going through it from San Souci,Mascot or Eastgardens to the city or a cross country bus from Wolli Creek to Bondi Jct. the south west metro line should have been slightly re routed and tried to in corporate stations in this area instead of the Waterloo station which is already serviced by better public transport with buses to the city, Redfern and Green Square stations.

My preference would have been to kick the metro along underground along Anzac Pde with stops at UNSW, Maroubra Junction, Eastgardens and terminating at Botany. There is so much high-density housing going up at the old British-American Tobacco plant at Eastgardens, and where all the light industry used to be in the Botany/Banksmeadow area. How are these people meant to get anywhere?

If you'd done it that way, you could've canned the splitting of the light rail at Dacey Avenue and had a single line terminating at Randwick Junction, or better yet, continue it down the hill and terminate it at Coogee Bay Rd and pedestrianize the end a bit like Acand St in St. Kilda.

Make the light rail about experience various parts of the East by running it from the Quay to the beach, and have the metro do the mass-transit of people from the uni and the new high-density areas. But that'd make way too much f**king sense for either of the major parties in NSW.

Saint Doc

Coach
My preference would have been to kick the metro along underground along Anzac Pde with stops at UNSW, Maroubra Junction, Eastgardens and terminating at Botany. There is so much high-density housing going up at the old British-American Tobacco plant at Eastgardens, and where all the light industry used to be in the Botany/Banksmeadow area. How are these people meant to get anywhere?

If you'd done it that way, you could've canned the splitting of the light rail at Dacey Avenue and had a single line terminating at Randwick Junction, or better yet, continue it down the hill and terminate it at Coogee Bay Rd and pedestrianize the end a bit like Acand St in St. Kilda.

Make the light rail about experience various parts of the East by running it from the Quay to the beach, and have the metro do the mass-transit of people from the uni and the new high-density areas. But that'd make way too much f**king sense for either of the major parties in NSW.

Vote 1 Timbo

horrie hastings

First Grade

There are so many better alternatives than the current one being built but as you say they would make too much sense for either of the current parties in NSW.
I live at St Peter’s, when I moved here I had a bus virtually from my front door straight to Circular Quay or I am about 15 min walk to the station. When the light rail destruction started in the CBD it meant that my bus only went as far as Martin Place which was annoying but a least with the improved Opal fares I could get the bus to St. Peter’s station if I didn’t walk then jump on a train to the Quay. Just in the last couple of months now my bus only goes as far as Central, I have adjusted to getting bus and train now which is actually quicker but with the new Metro line taking out the Bankstown line it leaves St Peter’s and Erskineville Station in limbo not knowing what train line we will be on when the Metro line happens, the talk is we would be part of the T8 line that doesn’t run through the airport line which would be ok or we get flung onto the Eastern Suburbs line which would be a disaster, it would also mean from a very close to the city inner west suburb we would have gone from going from having great links to Circular Quay to no direct links to the Quay at all in a short period of time.

beave

Coach
24A2B112-013F-4621-9A20-827C307FA6D6_zpsy58l0ovq.jpg

Cowbs latest.

The Cowboys needed a new stadium..As for Parra their home field wasn't exactly old and yet the government demolished it, what a waste of tax payers money

The idea behind a refurbished parramatta is to attract more than one NRL team, the old stadium wouldn’t have done that. Wether that transpires we’re yet to find out, but there’s some talk the tigers are interested in moving there.

They would be crazy not to look at it. Anything is better than home games at ANZ in its current state.

Yeah I think it’d be a big win for them, even for the bulldogs to take some games there makes a lot of sense.

I get the apprehension over the proximity to parra leagues, but playing out of a more appropriately sized stadium will actually help them grow crowds.

Leave ANZ for big fixtures only.

axl rose

Bench
I get the apprehension over the proximity to parra leagues, but playing out of a more appropriately sized stadium will actually help them grow crowds.

They will get over it. The club has to move forward. From early reports, once they see the new facility there won't be too many complaints. If we can give up some home games to play in Tamworth and NZ, then playing a few at a world class facility in Parramatta shouldn't be a problem.

Generalzod

Immortal
The idea behind a refurbished parramatta is to attract more than one NRL team, the old stadium wouldn’t have done that. Wether that transpires we’re yet to find out, but there’s some talk the tigers are interested in moving there.
Will you want Penrith to play there???