What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Steel Saints

Juniors
On a more serious note, it does appear that Penrith will get a new western stand with corporates and a new stand accommodating NRLW changerooms, opposite the Family Hill.

Plus improve certain elements of the eastern stand. It equates to half of a new stadium.

bazza

Immortal
On a more serious note, it does appear that Penrith will get a new western stand with corporates and a new stand accommodating NRLW changerooms, opposite the Family Hill.

Plus improve certain elements of the eastern stand. It equates to half of a new stadium.
will be interested to see how much capacity a new western stand would add - I am guessing you could add another 2 - 5k

Panfas

Juniors
Just my thoughts..

Based on new western & southern stands along with refreshing the eastern stand, BlueBet could have a total capacity of about 28,000.

Newcastle's western stand holds 13,500 - copy that (but make it bigger/taller as Newcastle has the partial wrap around on the west stand). The east stand currently holds about 8,000. Then have a 2 tier south stand with facilities. Total 24,000 seats with 4,000 capacity hills.

$309M split to:
$230M new western stand
$50m new southern stand
$29M referb to east stand and hills.

PP.png

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
will be interested to see how much capacity a new western stand would add - I am guessing you could add another 2 - 5k

Won't be much as it is mainly to add Corporates. The Southern Stand will be seats but you can fit less there

Perth Red

Post Whore

$300mill for half a stadium. sounds a great investment!

Wb1234

Referee
Stupid troll comment.
It's a start.
Not many of the shitty Sydney NRL grounds have a stand like the east stand at HBF. Obviously, I exclude CommBank and Allianz.
The west stand at WIN comes close. That's about it.
Win isn’t in Sydney bud

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Just my thoughts..

Based on new western & southern stands along with refreshing the eastern stand, BlueBet could have a total capacity of about 28,000.

Newcastle's western stand holds 13,500 - copy that (but make it bigger/taller as Newcastle has the partial wrap around on the west stand). The east stand currently holds about 8,000. Then have a 2 tier south stand with facilities. Total 24,000 seats with 4,000 capacity hills.

$309M split to:
$230M new western stand
$50m new southern stand
$29M referb to east stand and hills.

View attachment 80313
Which parts are the beer hill and family hill on the diagram?

Iamback

Coach
They will get a new western corporate stand which is a key to a club’s viability.

Eastern stand can be done later on. It doesn’t need corporates. As an option, the Family Hill could have temporary seating in place.

The problem is we fill it now, Not sure only adding 2k General Public seating is enough. $300m for very few extra seats. As with all these things... the little guys get shafted

Reactions: Vee

APPSY

Juniors
The thing that get's me is even with inflation, $309 million should still be able to build a world class boutique stadium for Penrith. CBUS on the Gold Coast was built for $100 million and has 27,640 seats. With inflation it's $166,906,566. With the $309 million the Panthers should be able to re-build their stadium to have corporate facilities & to fit nearly 30k.

MugaB

Coach
The thing that get's me is even with inflation, $309 million should still be able to build a world class boutique stadium for Penrith. CBUS on the Gold Coast was built for $100 million and has 27,640 seats. With inflation it's $166,906,566. With the $309 million the Panthers should be able to re-build their stadium to have corporate facilities & to fit nearly 30k.
I suppose it depends what they are building exactly, if its just stands and seating then it should be basic, but if its new dressing rooms, corporate suites, new kitchens for food outlets, toilets and the plumbing that goes with it all.. it can rack up, but shit yeah 300 mill, would easily get a new stadium built from scratch... must be a shithouse developer, overcharging the govt..
I remember gus mentioning that they had one of the ex-panther player, who studied (i think it was engineering) during his time at the panthers, never really kicked on as a player, but ended being a big time developer, he ended building the acedemy for the club, built it from scratch, how they wanted it, did it for unders too, coz he could, and was happy to do it as gratitude... i wouldn't be surprised if he is at belmore as we speak