What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

soc123_au

Staff member
6c86feb5b42c229cc3f6e1c0432462021d52b760

Can you cut & paste? It's behind a paywall.

Sorry but the Inner West Council, and Leichhardt Council before it, allowed Leichhardt Oval to degenerate like it has due to its neglect over decades. Considering the other sports venues nearby, compared to Penrith, no way in high heaven should Leichhardt Oval get funds re-directed to it at the expense of the refurb of Penrith Stadium.

Darcy Byrne is just being an attention seeking git in my opinion.

Last edited:

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
He’s been trolling about this for ages. Journos keep giving him air time cause he’s matey mateys with them. He thinks he’s Giuliani and this is his 9/11.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
They better get the combined green/food waste bin thing sorted this week or the whole area going to stink to high heaven at Christmas

I can reveal the green bin was emptied this morning.

Cockroaches are bad though. It's Summer but they are going to f**k my kitchen so I'm bringing in the terminator. And while he is at it he can fumigate the council chambers too.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Not just confusing for us, the truck drivers as well.

Didn't have a single bin emptied for 3 weeks on my street. Still catching up which isn't ideal before Christmas.

Yeah i used to laugh at the lady down stairs who would always get the day the green bin and the recycle bin to be emptied mixed up when they were fortnightly before the change.
On our schedule we are down for Thursday pick ups but went for over two weeks before the first pick happened with the changed schedule and it actually happened on a Saturday, the whole street was lined with bins waiting to be collected.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I can reveal the green bin was emptied this morning.

Cockroaches are bad though. It's Summer but they are going to f**k my kitchen so I'm bringing in the terminator. And while he is at it he can fumigate the council chambers too.
Yeah it’s a bastard of a year already for bugs. The drain flies have arrived big time with the heat. Gotta make sure those green bins go out tomorrow too

Perth Red

Post Whore
Struggling to think of any stadium that has had $300mill spent for just two main stands? We built a covered 12k main stand and an uncovered end stand at HBF park for $90mill, all be it 10 years ago.

Panfas

Juniors
Considering we are restricted to the existing location and $309M max spend and which would include demolition. 25K in 2 main sideline stands is ok, sounds better than the original proposal of western and southern. The stands will be top of the line with plenty of corporate, which would be more expensive than just a stand with seats.

Lets compare..

In 2012, Perth was upgraded for $90M. That's great, you should feel proud PR with that awesome price you keep telling everyone about. However, that was in 2012. Inflation from 2012 to 2022 rose 26%. However the Penrith redevelopment won't commence until 2025, so we need to add additional inflation to that. As per RBA inflation calculator, inflation between 2021 to 2022 was 6.6%, so lets use that number for 2023 and 2024 (as we don't know the actual inflation % yet), so 13.2% over the 2 years, but in reality would likely be much higher. That gives a total inflation of 39.2% (again would likely be higher) between 2012 and 2025. $90M is actually $125M in 2025

Same goes for Parramatta. Construction started in 2016. Inflation of 16.7% between 2016 and 2022. Plus 13.2% is 29.9% total. $300M build is 389M in 2025

Townsville commenced in 2017, 14.5% inflation between 2017 and 2022, plus 13.2% is 27.7%. $250M is $319M in 2025.

This is just general RBA inflation rate not specifically for construction which may actually be higher.

We don't know what the details are on the stands yet. How many seats? How much corporate? Whatever it is, the budget is set with both the overall capacity and actual seats to increase - thats a great thing we should all be excited about. Importantly, the number of quality (and likely undercover) seats should dramatically increase also.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
The previous proposal was Western & Southern with ‘cosmetic’ updates for the old Eastern stand(what ever that meant). Very illogical to ‘dabble’ on a part of a stadium that needs to be replaced entirely.

This is a much better outcome but still not the best. Tell me, with 300 million providing close to 70% of a commbank equivalent, is Labor’s statement that a recreation of the 27k Cincinnati MLS stadium on the Paceway site would cost close to a billion dollars the most egregious lie in the history of politics? It’s either that or the site costs close to half a billion dollars.

Anyway onward and upward. Now for Leichhardt to be bulldozed into the earth and the Tigers to play their inner city home games at the SFS. Ten minutes, Darcy! You’ll live.