What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Iamback

Coach
Fair call the rent will be way higher than council charge

parra still made heaps more from their new staidium and their rent won’t be cheap

We don't pay rent just the upkeep

Yeah but their capacity is higher so they can make more on gameday.

Wb1234

Referee
Hence why I am reserving judgement on what the outcome is.

Seems like it is a waste given the plans, As more details come out it might seem decent enough
Even if the rent is 1.5 million you should make more than that from the new stadium

but not a massive financial windfall

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
For $300 million that's what you get. Which is good enough. The vast majority of fans will be seated undercover. There will be areas for kids to run around on at either end. The amenities will be up to 21st century standard.

It will be able to be used for community events.

Obviously the usual peckerheads will whinge.

Iamback

Coach
For $300 million that's what you get. Which is good enough. The vast majority of fans will be seated undercover. There will be areas for kids to run around on at either end. The amenities will be up to 21st century standard.

It will be able to be used for community events.

Obviously the usual peckerheads will whinge.

Lets see if more seats are undercover, looks like a giant wind tunnel.

King-Gutho94

Coach
compare it to a current aerial shot. Very little difference
Well i reckon there will be more bars and better access to food and drink outlets then lining up for 40 mins to get a beer or food then what it currently is out there.

The Stadium couldn't cope when it was sold out for a semi final 2 years ago.

Also improvements getting in and out of the stadium should be more accessible as well.

Iamback

Coach
Well i reckon there will be more bars and better access to food and drink outlets then lining up for 40 mins to get a beer or food then what it currently is out there.

The Stadium couldn't cope when it was sold out for a semi final 2 years ago.

Also improvements getting in and out of the stadium should be more accessible as well.

CommBank, ANZ, Allianz etc have Bars etc wrapped all around so it works. You can't do that with the design. You are adding another set of dressing sheds to the new Eastern Stand

On the surface anyway, I'd have to see the dimensions etc before I judge

Panfas

Juniors
Looking at the renders, appears the western will effectively be 1 ongoing tier, then the corporate suites up the top. The eastern stand appears 2 tiers. The bottom perhaps is the same as the current lower stand (currently end goal to end goal), while the top is demolished and replaced with a new higher raked stand - note the top stand extends further north/south than the lower stand (see the top down render), top stand extends to the same point as the new western stand.

Latest posts