What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gagai confirmed.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The start of what ???
Our recruitment is garbage what quality is left?
We need at least to replace 3 backs and a prop
Whos left?
Now if we can get jun paulo ill say we have at least upgraded
But i cant see it

Junior Paulo would be f**king awesome but he wants to return to parra. He would be a great fit in our pack though.

CAFPOW

Juniors
The start of what ???
Whos left?
But i cant see it

There's plenty of talented players still available. Don't lose hope. There's Leon Bott, Beau Falloon, Ben Pomeroy, Fetuli Talanoa and Yleen Gordon, he's currently playing for the Mounties.

Noname36

First Grade
Yeah, and another top game in origin 3, our recruitment team got this one right. ;)

As a Knights fan I would take Gag's origin form with a grain of salt. He can be a wonderful attacking player when he wants and is by far at his best when he can just come in and take runs and doesn't have much more responsibility than that - hence why he played so well on the end of that Qld backline. His running game is excellent and we'll certainly miss it.

The problems begin though when he's given more responsibility defensively - and I'm sure you guys aren't paying him that much money to play on the wing. He's a great runner however he's also a massive defensive liability (just a couple of weeks ago we were down 12-0 early on against the Dragons just off Gag's defensive mistakes alone). We've tried moving him to fullback before to get him out of the defensive line and also get him more involved but he's really a very average fullback.

I know "oh but the whole Knights team is shit he'll be better with us blah blah blah" however more times than not its Gags letting his less experienced teammates down defensively rather than the other way around. I'm not just saying that because he's leaving either. Read the Knights forum - we've been watching him for 6 years and have all pretty much held the similar opinion for that time.

I'm not saying he's a bad signing by any means (although the price tag is iffy) but I just hope your coaching staff don't just look at the highlights reel of him running - I hope they know he requires a lot of support to hide his defensive defiencies.

Having watched him for the past 6 years I'd suggest playing him at centre with your best defensive backrower next to him.

Last edited:

Rsag85

Bench
The start of what ???
Whos left?
But i cant see it

Stop with all the negative crap

Rabbits20

Immortal
Stop with all the negative crap
Handyman adds a lot to this forum.......

He can continue to post as he pleases too.

Handyman wants success and not to go back to our old ways for the next decade......

You have to learn in life you can't just be all positive!!!!!!

Analysis and criticisms are important......

You haven't added anything to discussions in here recently and we have a few new posters that are a breath of fresh air on here and aren't here to have a go at one another but just have a good chat without judgement or bullying of one another!!!........

Rabbits20

Immortal
Whilst I don't necessarily agree always with Handyman and a few of the new posters we know how to respect each other's boundaries which a few on here could learn.........

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thanks macemaceman. Much appreciated compared to the dribble I am putting up with in another thread where no respect is being shown whatsoever....

southsport

First Grade
I haven't seen any knights matches but Gagai must have been performing quite well the last couple of weeks?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I haven't seen any knights matches but Gagai must have been performing quite well the last couple of weeks?

His defence and missed tackles need improvement but he is one of the best attacking weapons in the comp SS. His running meters, tackle breaks are at the top for centres. Will be a really great addition to Souths backline next year.

handyman2190

Bench
Handyman adds a lot to this forum.......

He can continue to post as he pleases too.

Handyman wants success and not to go back to our old ways for the next decade......

You have to learn in life you can't just be all positive!!!!!!

Analysis and criticisms are important......

You haven't added anything to discussions in here recently and we have a few new posters that are a breath of fresh air on here and aren't here to have a go at one another but just have a good chat without judgement or bullying of one another!!!........

Wholeheartedly agree i want the team i have loved and followed since i was 5. Through a lot of bad times and few good to perform, so i dont sit watching and Expecting to lose and hating it, why do others consistently perform in the top half of the ladder. We have lost players through underhanded ways and whilst still on contract eg Dwalker by manly...bozo knew he had to replace an ageing centre and worked on Dylan for months to change his mind. Why cant we do this and pinch a prop or 2 instead of playing second rowers at prop and getting half a job rochow didnt really perform but also played out of position, we swopped him for Britt and promptly played him at prop at the bears.
All i want is us to perform and buy the players that will do the job.
I wont appologise Rsag and i will not sugar coat i call a spade a spade

Travitoh

First Grade
Wholeheartedly agree i want the team i have loved and followed since i was 5. Through a lot of bad times and few good to perform, so i dont sit watching and Expecting to lose and hating it, why do others consistently perform in the top half of the ladder. We have lost players through underhanded ways and whilst still on contract eg Dwalker by manly...bozo knew he had to replace an ageing centre and worked on Dylan for months to change his mind. Why cant we do this and pinch a prop or 2 instead of playing second rowers at prop and getting half a job rochow didnt really perform but also played out of position, we swopped him for Britt and promptly played him at prop at the bears.
All i want is us to perform and buy the players that will do the job.
I wont appologise Rsag and i will not sugar coat i call a spade a spade

That was difficult to read, grammar matters lol.
You raise a good point though. Manly had been tapping up Walker for months before he left, same with Dragons and McInnis.
I would imagine it'd have a bit to do with the relationships that clubs have with player managers as a direct approach to a player would be a huge no-no. Possibly even some under the table deals going on with the representative. A part of me is glad that we don't delve into such tactics but at the same time it's frustrating to see it going on around us while we're left behind.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
That was difficult to read, grammar matters lol.
You raise a good point though. Manly had been tapping up Walker for months before he left, same with Dragons and McInnis.
I would imagine it'd have a bit to do with the relationships that clubs have with player managers as a direct approach to a player would be a huge no-no. Possibly even some under the table deals going on with the representative. A part of me is glad that we don't delve into such tactics but at the same time it's frustrating to see it going on around us while we're left behind.

I actually completely agree with you travitoh. It's why I found it hard to believe that we were chasing Maloney originally.

Latest posts