What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop targets Tuqiri

t-ba

Post Whore
Tighthead said:
Quite a few did, not always regulars but still signed by Rugby

I presume none of them played rugby as a junior?

Ricky Stuart played League as a junior as well . He was a Wallaby before he was 20, a pretty rare feat in that sport...

Let me get this straight - if someone has played both rugby union and rugby league as a junior - they are a league junior, and if they play rugby union after school has finished, they are poached by rugby union because it cannot develop its own players?

Emphasis on the as well dolt. Is it that bloody hard to read an entire sentence?. Ricky Stuart went from Schoolboys to Wallabies in the space of...oohh..about 6 months. How can you bag a player of that evident claibre. He would have been there in 1991, 1995 and 1999 if he decided to stay on, Ricky's only problem was that he was born into a family that Lives and Breathes league and he couldn't get his daddy to pay for a law Degree.

ruggabugga

Juniors
Ricki Stuart never played a test. He was taken away as aplayer to be developed on a end of season tour. to Argentina. I have no doubt that he would have become a Rugby great in time BUT alas we can't prove that because he went to the dark side before the moment of truth arose. :twisted: :roll: ;-) :) :)

Edwahu

Bench
I always thought the only reason he went on that tour was because the ARU was desperate to stop him signing with the Raiders and they thought it would convince him to stay in Union. Waste of time really since it was basically common knowledge that he would be at the Raiders since he played junior reps for them and he was no real chance of staying in Union.

Anonymous

Juniors
And the great man chose the way of the light. Now let us never speak of the the temptation of the dark again.

DIEHARD

----
Yea I'm a Union junior as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Union is a dead sport. Rugby League is going from strength to strength.

Latest posts