What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gambhir the merkin's merkin

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
In short, Watson sledged Gambir

He also stood in Gambir's line so he had to run around him for the first run, on the way back Gambir elbowed Watson in the chest, albeit pretty soft.

Watson was sledging and Gambir probably should have given him a gobfull back but could find himself in trouble with the match referee for striking Watson.

I didn't think there was much in it, but I dont think officials will condone striking, as soft as it was.

in cricket there is no soft or hard striking ... there is just striking period ... gambhir obviously forgot how chirpy he got in the second test if he's going to use that as a whinge ...

53 match suspension

kilroy

Juniors
when i need helping to wipe crusty bits of sh*t off my arsehole i'll dial your digits and you can explain it to me as that's your level of expertise

hmm, really? Then i wonder why the australian companies outsource jobs to India. Maybe cuz dimwits like you need help cleaning your own arse.

typicalfan

Coach
who cares what side Junior took, he commentates as if he is still in part a member of the Aussie team and i dont think of hm any less, even if i think he is biased. Being biased surely isnt all that bad unless we are all hypocrites

eddiesmith

Juniors
who cares what side Junior took, he commentates as if he is still in part a member of the Aussie team and i dont think of hm any less, even if i think he is biased. Being biased surely isnt all that bad unless we are all hypocrites
He doesnt commentate as if he is still a member of the Aussie side, he commentates like he still plays for NSW, it is horrible and he got very upset when Julian told him he was wrong

Iafeta

Referee
50 matche. HAHAHAHA, TT you seriously need to go have a tug to release your pent up tension.

It was less than a love tap, and the funny thing was it spurred the Australians on to lose the plot and get spanked all around the park when there was a test series to level.

All Gambhir had to do while Johnson bowled military medium half trackers to him and then gave him a piece of his yobo mind was to point to the scorecard and remind him that bouncing it 3 foot over the the bails won't disturb the three bits of wood below. Really, one M Johnson is dumb as.

Great innings Gambhir, great leadership Ponting to control the loss of mental stability in his damaged goods bowlers. Reminds me of one SR Waugh who shrugged his shoulders as Michael Slater went off his tit over a definite no catch that he was claiming to the Indian umpire which, if Gambhir in Tonearms magical fairy world gets a 50 match ban, gets a 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 year ban.

Oh I see Gambhir's got out to Watson, I bet Watson is getting a big "Great work mate, you really showed that obnoxious weed who's who" slap on the arse... look at the scoreboard fellas.

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Gambhir, Watson to face ICC hearing

From correspondents in New Delhi, India
October 30, 2008 INDIA'S Gautam Gambhir and Australia's Shane Watson have been charged with breaching the game's international code of conduct after an on-field exchange during the third Test.
The players were cited by on-field umpires Billy Bowden and Aleem Dar as well as TV umpire Suresh Shastri after they clashed on the opening day of the match at the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium.

Gambhir appeared to elbow Watson after the all-rounder seemed to mutter something to the Indian batsman as he took a second run in the 51st over of Wednesday's play.

The opener was charged with a level two offence for conduct contrary to the spirit of the game, an International Cricket Council (ICC) statement said.

Watson was charged under the same clause but with a less serious level one offence.

However Gambhir escaped a charge under clause 2.4 of the code, for "inappropriate and deliberate physical contact between players in the course of play".

Had Gambhir been charged with this offence, which television evidence seemed to support, the opener faced a minimum two Test match ban if found guilty because it would have been his second such transgression within 12 months.

The hearing before match referee Chris Broad will take place after the second day's play.

Gambhir runs the risk of a fine or a suspension from either one Test match or two one-day internationals while Watson faces an official reprimand or a fine.

The Indian opener was fined 65 percent of his match fee during the Kanpur Test against Pakistan in November 2007 for a run-in with Shahid Afridi.

India's left-arm paceman Zaheer Khan was docked 80 per cent of his match fee for his verbal send-off to Matthew Hayden during the second Test in Mohali, which India won to go 1-0 up in the Border-Gavaskar series.

With AAP Agence France-Presse

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24577014-23212,00.html

Pretty interesting that Gambhir was not charged with deliberate physical contact. Although there was nothing in it and it was no more than a love-tap, it was definitely inappropriate contact, and it was definitely deliberate.

Danish

Referee
So far this is looking like Watson will end up with a heavier penalty than Gambhir...

Absolutely laughable

HevyDevy

Coach
I did. But it seems you're the one who's going on without having seen the incident.
Calling it a stab, when he merely brushed him with the side of his elbow.
What the f**k are you talking about Kilroy? When did I call it a stab?

Are you hallucinating again? Too much curry perhaps?