What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day For The Paul Green Medal

Was driving back to Sydney this arvo from Port Macquarie and listened to the match on the radio. You could tell from the call the Cowgirls had absolutely nothing today. They we’re just going to take their flogging.

Funniest part was them interviewing Townsville Townsend after the game and all he could say was we need to play the full 80 minutes. I couldn’t stop pissing myself laughing. If I was the reporter I would’ve said oh when did you think was the turning point in the game?

Seriously he’s got no f**king idea. Even his answers are robotic. What a tool.

I also noted there was no mention of credit to the Sharks they were to good for us today. Enjoy your L Lego Head.

Bahahaha!!

Special K

Coach
That was one of the most fun days at the footy I have ever had. No beer lines, everyone turned up like 30 minutes before the game so everything was easy.... Sharks just pumped the cowboys.

Cowboys looked like they had zero leadership. Chad tried to spray a few of them who just stared back at him lol.

Chimp

Bench
We played very basic, but we did the basics very VERY well - great to see, that’s the stuff that changes a team from being hot and cold into real contenders - that ability to just do the fundamental basics very well for us could be a game changer - it’s one of the things that have made the Panthers so good over recent years, the make very few errors in their own half, which just strangles the opposition.. It really was a game of run hard, tackle hard, and the Cows folded.

The cows looked devoid of energy from the beginning, they really didn’t fancy a tough game today, and we delivered tough in spades.

Stake Removed

First Grade
We played very basic, but we did the basics very VERY well - great to see, that’s the stuff that changes a team from being hot and cold into real contenders - that ability to just do the fundamental basics very well for us could be a game changer - it’s one of the things that have made the Panthers so good over recent years, the make very few errors in their own half, which just strangles the opposition.. It really was a game of run hard, tackle hard, and the Cows folded.

The cows looked devoid of energy from the beginning, they really didn’t fancy a tough game today, and we delivered tough in spades.
And they have the Panthers next week who will strangle them as well, they want to play the style score 30 points hope its enough.

They have won 4 games , but 1 out of last 4, beat Dolphins 1st up who had shocker, got of jail ve Knights in AET, Dragons let them off hook and beat the Titans.

The have played 2 quality teams us and Broncs and been smashed both times

Big Bloke

Juniors
Loved the performance today and so hard to pick a man of the match for 321s.

About my only complaint today was having to pay $10.20 for a can of Great Northern. I don’t normally buy beer at Shark Park, is this price normal? Seems ridiculous to me.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Pricing was mentioned on the radio. Apparently 2 ice creams was $17, cmon sharks if true you can do better then this.

dinghydi

Juniors
Someone mentioned before Game, about Cowgirl forwards having the turning circle of a NQ roadtrain. Turned out to be true and exploited to a T by fitz. Dont think Raiders will be same, however also think they are in rebuilding phase with many youngsters and changed structure since they lost Latrells mate. Should beat them if they can keep the enthusiasm but change tactics a bit. My guess is fitz is on to it.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I don’t get this. Just don’t f**king buy them. Tell your kiddies you’ll get them one on the way home.
I don’t buy them ice cream at the game. But when the security stop bringing food in like last home game, you gotta feed them and the prices are a gouge it’s that simple.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Lots of handing over the ball on the 5th 5 metres out instead of kicks into the in-goal. It's making a big difference. Cows are just running the ball back doing the hard yards, takes the forwards out of the game.
Good stuff. Not every set needs to be an attacking play.
Yep, I’m a fan of it. It’s the smart long play the Sharks would not do last year, instead they would always go for the try or repeat.

This option keeps them pegged down there, and if we’re good defensively means they’re kicking from their own half.

Hope we see it more often

Stake Removed

First Grade
Yep, I’m a fan of it. It’s the smart long play the Sharks would not do last year, instead they would always go for the try or repeat.

This option keeps them pegged down there, and if we’re good defensively means they’re kicking from their own half.

Hope we see it more often
We ran ball on the last couple of times.
Means most times tackled inside 10, and hopefully towards sideline.
A lot better then kicking it dead, and also with the short kickoff which is 50/50 anyway

Ozzi_78

First Grade
The only one we ran and nearly sharked ourselves was when Nicho got tackled with 16 seconds left before half time. Saved by Ronny again with the knock down.

Weaponhead

Coach
It was a very good example of effective early season footy. Focus on getting the fundamentals right. Strong contact, clear communication in defence working as a unit. Complete high, kick long and execute when the opponent gives you a chance.

There are still some gears to find in attack but there is a long time for that to develop.

Big respect for OK and Tom for holding their own as starting props when the more experienced starters have been out. They have done their jobs well and shown they can handle the responsibility. This gives Fitz so much more flexibility with roles and rotations. With Hunt and Tuks in reggies and Finucane still out there is strong depth.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Loved the performance today and so hard to pick a man of the match for 321s.

About my only complaint today was having to pay $10.20 for a can of Great Northern. I don’t normally buy beer at Shark Park, is this price normal? Seems ridiculous to me.
I paid $9.70 for a mid strength and was happy - as it was ice cold. First game v bulldogs they were handing out warm straight from the carton.
Yesterday as mentioned, was a bit of a carnival atmosphere - suns out, the Stonestreet corner and the general play was just a joy to be at.
Doesn’t get much better than that

Quigs

Immortal
FFS, can someone please suggest that Uele get another hair style.

He looks like one of Michael Jackson's backup dancers who has swallow a bison. Furhuck me the bloody curled parting of the hair was just too munch.

Enjoyed his involvement in the game.

FFS, can someone please suggest that Uele get another hair style.

He looks like one of Michael Jackson's backup dancers who has swallow a bison. Furhuck me the bloody curled parting of the hair was just too munch.

Enjoyed his involvement in the game.
Quigs, I thought the same, but just put it down to being an old merkin and out of touch with the kids these days.

R-15-3

Bench
Was Brit just getting an early shower for Sifa to get extra minutes or is he carrying an injury?