What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY. Mighties vs Rickys Unhappy Clappers

The big step this team needed to take from the past 2 seasons was to become ruthless. Cold, efficient ruthlessness.

This is what we are starting to see. This team has always been able to score points. The defensive application and concentration to stick to the system is coming along well. The challenge now is to take it further. The coaching staff will be desperate to see how they take it Melbourne, Easts and Penrith.

I only watched the most recent 3 games on the small screen on Kayo, but my impression was a certain calmness in the team and knowing exactly what they were meant to do about 95 % of the time. I'll be there in person for the Stains game and will be interested to see how things look then.

I need to add something, and this doesn't seem to be so flavoursome on this forum
Brailey was outstanding.
And he has been for a few weeks.
It's almost as if Fitz has kept him in his shell until he had some fundamentals down pat.
Blayke is most definitely starting to play some more eyes-up footy.
I reckon he'll be the origin #9. Just a gut feeling.

SharkShocked

Bench
Not if Api is fit.
He, Api, is a few levels above every other rake playing.

Api by the length of the straight from an individual threat and deception/guile around the ruck.

You know what you get with Brails - hard working, stops a lot of big units and then looks to capitalise when the forwards have momentum. Service is generally pretty crisp.

Today he absolutely rode the wave of the domination we had up the middle perfectly.

Also loved the ball to Hynes after he used Tuku as a huge threat near the line.

When he starts putting in those cheeky little grubbers when right on their line/the occasional go himself - he will be right on Api's tail.

Chimp

Bench
When he starts putting in those cheeky little grubbers when right on their line/the occasional go himself - he will be right on Api's tail.
This is my frustration with him - for 90 meters of the field, he has become elite, in both attack and defence. His service is super reliable, he knows when to run, he takes the right options almost every time, and his defence is outstanding, particularly considering his size.
But then in the last 10 meters of the pitch, he’s rank average. If he can lift his game in this area, he’ll potentially be right on Api’s coat tails.

SharkShocked

Bench
This is my frustration with him - for 90 meters of the field, he has become elite, in both attack and defence. His service is super reliable, he knows when to run, he takes the right options almost every time, and his defence is outstanding, particularly considering his size.
But then in the last 10 meters of the pitch, he’s rank average. If he can lift his game in this area, he’ll potentially be right on Api’s coat tails.
To be fair to Brailey a few years ago he was putting in those little kicks for players looking for the in goal. Maybe not so much taking the sneaky option himself.

I think the game plan is for him to take much less of a role in that real pointy end.

We have so many attacking options at the moment... when a point of difference is required, maybe he needs to get involved, but for now its working pretty well.

Chimp

Bench
To be fair to Brailey a few years ago he was putting in those little kicks for players looking for the in goal. Maybe not so much taking the sneaky option himself.

I think the game plan is for him to take much less of a role in that real pointy end.

We have so many attacking options at the moment... when a point of difference is required, maybe he needs to get involved, but for now its working pretty well.
I agree - he’s playing very well, and as a team we’re ticking along nicely. But against the better teams, their defences will eat us up in good ball positions if he doesn’t become a threat himself in that final 10 meters. He has to be a threat first and foremost to just create some doubt and that vital half second of space for our runners and ball players.

Sharkman

Juniors
What I’ve also enjoyed (noticed) over the last couple of weeks is no fking about when we score a try. Muted celebrations.

Not sure if it’s intentional or just by circumstance.

On the latest Stats update on NRL Site Blayke is featured at top of All Receipts with 908 with next being Eels Lussick on 883. We most definitely hung onto the right Brailey!