What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY - SHARKS VS MERGED FLANNO FILTH

Chimp

Bench
Decent win overall, I was never worried.

We do seem to give away way too many tackle 4/5 set restarts. It felt like the ref was being very sympathetic to Drags at times in tackles where I felt we were dominant, but that ref does also seem to love giving 6 agains late in sets in all the games I’ve seen him ref.

Even though I felt the ref was to keen, we needed to recognise that after the first couple and clean up our act. We did in the 2nd half though to be fair

Last year I reckon we panic our way to a loss. I see Nicho still at times wanting the ball on the short sides in our own half only for Brailey to go back up the guts. Brailey has been huge.
Exactly what I was thinking, instead it was a stress free last 15 minutes

We lost our way for about 20 minutes of the 1st half.
Need to get that sorted, whatever Fitz said to them at half time worked.
Lot more controlled.

Something i did like nothing came of it but it shows growing as a team, Hynes couldn't wasn't option for kick on last in first half so Brailey just puts simple kick in, nothing ridiculous that is growing

Quigs

Immortal
60%?? That's being a bit kind?
2012, in my estimated percentage I was taking in those that live south of The Shire that had the unfortunate life changing experience of having to accept the dregs of the north Tom Ugly's inhabitants. It was like an unhinged forced marriage.

I do have sympathy for the illawarraites and can see them one day reclaiming their true identity. They will break the chains and freedom will come.

Weaponhead

Coach
Decent win overall, I was never worried.

We do seem to give away way too many tackle 4/5 set restarts. It felt like the ref was being very sympathetic to Drags at times in tackles where I felt we were dominant, but that ref does also seem to love giving 6 agains late in sets in all the games I’ve seen him ref.

Even though I felt the ref was to keen, we needed to recognise that after the first couple and clean up our act. We did in the 2nd half though to be fair
Agree. Good seasons are built on wins like that. The Sharks started well and got sloppy when the ref wanted to even it up. They needed to adjust quicker to stop the possession flow.

They got back to the plan in the second half and controlled the game. It wasn't perfect but it was good enough to get this job done.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I have recently heard and read the word ruthless to describe the Sharks recent form.

Have to disagree with that assessment. Ruthless teams play out 80 and don't have siesta's. Compare the games from Round 8. Storm and Roosters were both still scoring tries (2 each in the last 10 minutes of the games). Sharks scored 1 but that came after 15 minutes of nap time.

Can't be given the tag ruthless unless the foot is on the pedal for 80.

I can see it coming, it's not really there yet.