What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day v Raider

Stake Removed

First Grade
Watching it again, i'm convinced Chad is incapable of hoisting up a decent bomb. Playing in windy conditions against a fairly unproven fullback, Wade and Moylan had the right idea and took advantage of this. Wade's bomb indirectly resulted in points, while Moylans hit the grass and we regained possession.

Nothing is a lottery to Chad, it's all beige and by the book.

But we get told he is playing the \way Flanno has instructed

txta2

Bench
Pretty sure Flanno wouldn't say to kick as shallow bombs as possible.
I think he says "Chad don't go near the ball on the last tackle"

Not sure how anyone can say that Jesse knocked on, clearly never touched his arm. Not even a little bit.
The touchie put his flag up to indicate he thought he touched it. Not only was he wrong but what a tard of a reaction

wibble

Bench
Pretty sure Flanno wouldn't say to kick as shallow bombs as possible.
I think he says "Chad don't go near the ball on the last tackle"

The touchie put his flag up to indicate he thought he touched it. Not only was he wrong but what a tard of a reaction

It was very poor from the touchie. Raiders are rightly upset that play didn't stop, but if it had, we would have had a good try scoring opportunity wrecked by a wrong call, so either way one team was getting screwed. Just lucky it wasn't us

sandshark

Bench
Gals pals will become Chad's lads next season so I'd bury the idea that he'll get booted if I were some of you.
Plays like shit but he appears to have deep roots with the club and Flanno.

Makes it even more interesting to see and follow how they bring the young Flanno in. Any other club would've probably used him by now.

snout

First Grade
Refs are scared of bennett having a go at them in the presso as they believe Todd listens to wayne and they may be dropped.

This is in the back of their minds as they contemplate a which way to put their arm up at penalty time.

They know noone listens to sticky so they can dud his team all night for no consequence.

Just on that...Hey Rick - look at the scoreboard you dick

Stake Removed

First Grade
Refs are scared of bennett having a go at them in the presso as they believe Todd listens to wayne and they may be dropped.

This is in the back of their minds as they contemplate a which way to put their arm up at penalty time.

They know noone listens to sticky so they can dud his team all night for no consequence.

Just on that...Hey Rick - look at the scoreboard you dick

You wonder how many games Bennett has won through this with the refs Bellamy does the same.

In years past both Gus & Bozo used the same tactic

txta2

Bench
The refs were
a fkn disgrace at Suncorp. Being picky and before you know it it's 16-0.
Gals pals will become Chad's lads next season so I'd bury the idea that he'll get booted if I were some of you.
Plays like shit but he appears to have deep roots with the club and Flanno.

Makes it even more interesting to see and follow how they bring the young Flanno in. Any other club would've probably used him by now.
Chad's lads is already here. The only thing keeping him in the team is his ball sucking supporters with some pull.
The coaches son will have the last say and I'd expect Chad to be shipped off by this time next year.

Wozza

Juniors

This pretty much debunks the bullshit about Leilua's pass. The touchy got this one right he was dead in line with it.

I wasn;t impressed by Chad's kicking options late in the game, grubber kicks into touch, even dying with the ball around the 10 metre line would have been better and kept Canberra a bit more at bay.

snout

First Grade

This pretty much debunks the bullshit about Leilua's pass. The touchy got this one right he was dead in line with it.
I hope it wasnt forward.
I loved our 7 tackle try in the finals to knock thurston out.

We are still a zillion 50/50 calls in the red.

And still a trillion behind the Broncs.

Manlys try in the 78 GF was a joke and sludge put bozo into the corner post in 73.

l hope we win the GF this year on a bunker howler.

This is spot on. All of the media types who are fanning the flames overlook the fact that The ball didn't touch Jesse Ramien's arm. Hence the touchie raising his flag was in error. The touchie must have realised that because he never continued to hold it up, he put it down as soon as he raised it. The refs whistle hadn't blown and the try was valid.

As Wozza correctly points out Leilua was runing a line from sideling to sideline. When running this sort of line there is no 'drift' of the ball forward that can be attributed to momentum toward the opposition dead ball line. It was a forward pass.

Ricky Stuart is a poor loser and a whinging turd.

This is spot on. All of the media types who are fanning the flames overlook the fact that The ball didn't touch Jesse Ramien's arm. Hence the touchie raising his flag was in error. The touchie must have realised that because he never continued to hold it up, he put it down as soon as he raised it. The refs whistle hadn't blown and the try was valid.

That's what struck me when I saw the replays, that the touchie put his flag down almost quciker than he put it up. I thought that the touchie could have spoken to the ref about a possible knock on once the try had been scored /ball had been grounded and before the ref asked for the bunker. Comments ?

That's what struck me when I saw the replays, that the touchie put his flag down almost quciker than he put it up. I thought that the touchie could have spoken to the ref about a possible knock on once the try had been scored /ball had been grounded and before the ref asked for the bunker. Comments ?
The touchie's flag was up for a moment and I doubt that the ref noticed it raised. The Raiders players stopped and were pointing to the touchie who by then had his flag lowered. They stopped defending their line and let in a try.

The touchie should get a kick in the arse.

Now the entire situation would have been different had the ball touched Jesse's arm and the bunker then awarded a try. All the brouhaha would have been justified. The fact is that the ball didn't touch Jesse.

Sooky Stuart in commenting on the 'knock-on' said that maybe the bunker saw views of the incident which the viewers and everyone else didn't see, and that is the case.

That is why it was ruled a try. The flag raised only becomes a valid concern if it was correct. However the flag raising was incorrect. The touchie knew it immediately. Ther ref ruled but was unsure and the bunker determined no knock on. Therefore play on. Try awarded by bunker because there was no infringement of the rules by the Sharks players.

SharkShocked

Bench
I'm actually surprised at our arrogance in that game towards the end, we were playing like a team who needed to score and down by 6 rather than up by 10. Some silly offloads, some silly options hitting players at the line and in between bombs.

We didn't look to close out the game professionally like we would normally attempt at all.

Half time siren the worst thing that happened to us.

carcharias

Immortal
How’s Ricky in the press conference
Hilarious stuff across a wide range of subjects.
Cricket
Round 1
People’s jobs
Large groups of his friends have given the game away

All good stories- none had anything to do with the game they just lost though.