What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Help

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Hey guys,
just downloaded a game and was needing some help to get it going.
It has two .mdf files, and to be honest i have no idea how to use them. Ok, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
No problem,
I realise that alot of people here have never downloaded copy righted music, snuck into a movie without a ticket, burnt a mates cd.
If anyone feels like answering, go for it, i would really appreciate it, if not i'll find another way to get my STOLEN game working!

MrSharky

Juniors
Basically, an MDS/MDF File is a DVD image file, so what you need to do is burn the image onto DVD and then run it from there.

1. Download a program called Alcohol 120% here..

2. Run Alcohol and select Image Burning Wizard > Select Browse > and find the MDS file in your directory. Click Next and then Start to burn it onto DVD. Once it's finished, just load the DVD into your PC and there, you will have the game.

If you do not have a DVD burner, then don't worry.

1. Just run Alcohol, select Virtual Drive, and then click OK. This will create what's called a virtual drive, which is basically a "drive" which is recognised by the PC, and therefore can run/load things just as real drives do.

2. Close Alcohol and then go to where the MDF file is > Right Click > Mount Image > Select the virtual drive which you've just created.

3. A window will pop up with all the files included in the DVD image, allowing you to install/run the game.

P.S. scan the files for viruses, spyware, malware, trojans etc. before installing.

P.S.S. buy your games! :thumb

icon6.gif

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Hi thanks so much for your help Mr Sharky.

I buy most of my games, but lately, since ea sports cricket 2005, i have been reluctant to throw out 80 bux for sub par games without tryin them.

Anyway, this is the most help i've got so thankyou!