What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones Mafia 3

Didgi

Thought the Others were very unlucky, at the start they kept turning characters known to one or two mafias which made it easy to cull them off. Soc seemed to know everything, I wasn't as active as I could've been cos of IRL stuff so at the end I was very happy to let him run the show.

I wasn't sure about his massive hard-on for having us wait and recruit Bazal, but it turned out well.

mickyj

Bench
I was sure lannisters were going to block BM again. I was about to be decided not to waste it on a 2nd block.

thorson1987

Coach
merkins, finally play, and I get killed first night.

At least I took KTF out.

After that I pretty much tuned out.

Really only played due to the theme.

soc123_au

Staff member
And just how the f**k did soc seem to suddenly know the full Others team as soon as I joined it? Bastard. Time for a new grudge.

I knew them all but Bazzi when you were recruited. I already knew you were Hodor so the write up f**ked you. At that stage I knew I had to get lynches going before any of my lot got any undue attention. I got lucky and investigated Bazzi the night before I outed him. If I hadn't been recruited 9701 was who I had planned on getting lynched that day.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Town/Lannisters going after anybody but Baratheons on the last few nights/days was what cost them.

By chasing after indies and the dying Others faction, they left soc to identify every remaining character and let Didgi get to his every third night recruit.

Bazal

Post Whore
Town/Lannisters going after anybody but Baratheons on the last few nights/days was what cost them.

By chasing after indies and the dying Others faction, they left soc to identify every remaining character and let Didgi get to his every third night recruit.

Again, as the sole remaining Lannister, that was a plan between myself and soc once he was turned. He gave me the heads up and then set me up to be recruited, because the double vote would have meant controlling the lynches....(as it turned out the double was irrelevant in the end).

soc123_au

Staff member
The double vote was just a bonus. It was more a sense of loyalty tbh. We were both playing a pretty good game & I would have felt like a merkin betraying Bazal. Apey, CJ & Thorson were already dead & f**k Pugz, he didnt contribute so he gets bussed.

Apey

Staff member

As others have pointed out, there was no Lannister faction by this stage. Bazal was still technically Lannister but he was playing as a Baratheon and Pugzley was being Pugzley.

No matter how it is spun I can't like cross-faction recruiting. It's way too game-breaking for me. Not everyone will agree though I suppose.

Thanks for the game Mis, enjoyable as always.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've got a new Game of Thrones game written up. It's considerably more traditional in terms of factions, and there'll be no cross-factional recruitment.

Trying to decide whether to run it next or hold off a while. It's got a different focus, being set at the Wall (and north of it); so no Dany, Jaime etc.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I'd still like to know how the f**k I was meant to be last man standing with no protection and up against 2 cults. For those that are unaware, I wasn't town, I was an indie. My Dutchy kill was deliberate, not a derp.

My original PM:

Misanthrope said:
You are Hodor, Hodor Aligned Hodor.

Hodor. Hodor Hodor Hodor. Your role is actually quite good. Hodor.

- Protector: Despite your newfound independence, you still love Bran Stark. As long as you live, he cannot be killed.
- Hodor Rage: You’re sick and tired of people saying ‘Hodor’ like it’s funny. Every time somebody says Hodor in the game thread, you gain a point. You may use these points to purchase one use powers. These powers can only be used one at a time.
- Post Condition: You must never say ‘Hodor’. In addition, your posts should be as erudite and verbose (wordy) as possible.
- Power List:
- Protect: 2 points.
- Roleblock: 3 points.
- Investigate: 4 points.
- Kill: 5 points.
- Auto-Lynch: 10 points.
- Innocent: You appear to be a big, dumb idiot. You will appear as Seven Kingdoms aligned if investigated.
- Bran Stark: If Bran Stark targets you with one of his powers, you’ll be brought back into the fold. You’ll lose your other powers and be given a new role instead.

You win if you are the sole survivor.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Pass yourself off as town, throw out your kills and protects and auto-lynches to crush the opposition, and coast.

mickyj

Bench
late in the game when most knew just about every character and the ours being written up meant our only chance ot grow late was to find the couple no one knew for sure.
enjoyed the game other then seeing soc being an obvious bara leading lynches on everyone else and going wtf

RHCP

Bench
More GoT mafias, imo. As long as I'm Ygritte.

Meh, I found the res more game breaking from my point of view since Hogg could have outed our entire faction. Every game I'd probably not like it, but every now and again cross-faction stuff changes the dynamics a bit.