What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game vs Parra

dragon-83

Juniors
I think the match will be a toghter one for the dragons parra with the likes of french, norman and gutherson.

Red V for life

Juniors
Our forwards will dominate, and we will be well in the game.
They have some talent, no doubt, but i believe if we can rotate our props as per yesterday, get good field position, we can over come these guys.
Confidence is a big thing and our boys will have it in spades next week. If this week's form holds true, our forwards will dominate which will cut down the time Norman, Gutherson and co. have. Parra had 60%+ possession and Manly did a fair job of containing them on that basis.

Beau Scott had an off day today in D which is quite uncharacteristic. He was my favourite at the Dragons and wish he'd never left.

Old Timer

Coach
Confidence is a big thing and our boys will have it in spades next week. If this week's form holds true, our forwards will dominate which will cut down the time Norman, Gutherson and co. have. Parra had 60%+ possession and Manly did a fair job of containing them on that basis.

Beau Scott had an off day today in D which is quite uncharacteristic. He was my favourite at the Dragons and wish he'd never left.
Parra pigs will run a lot harder into our defensive line and that will sap a bit more energy out of our blokes but indeed our boys do look very fit but for sure we will know a lot more by this time next week.
Unfortunately for Beau Scott maybe 1 year too many.
Lewis, Gallen, Beau Scott all looking a little leg weary and a good yard slower.
Still good players but IMO will not be as consistent or as commanding as in previous years.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Our forwards will dominate, and we will be well in the game.
They have some talent, no doubt, but i believe if we can rotate our props as per yesterday, get good field position, we can over come these guys.
Yep mate I agree......its important we complete our sets and play for the full 80....I mentioned yesterday one of the features we displayed was we didnt lose our shape and intensity when some of the small things went pear shape

mickeylane

Bench
We need to hussle Norman and its game over.. Our forwards have too much firepower - We need to persist w the bomb towards Mcdonalds wing as well as there are def points there. Plus I think Dugan is fast becoming unstoppable

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Our forwards should dominate theirs, but it's their speedy backs that concern me the most.
Norman, French, Gutherson, Radradra, Takarangi and Hoffman are very agile and quick.
We need to shut down the 2nd phase play as I think this where the game can be won or lost.

BennyV

Referee
It;s not French, Norman or Gutherson that concern me. Its Scott, Ma'u, Moeroa, Pritchard, Matagi and so on. Our forwards dominated Penrith but Parra wont fold so easily. We'll see how we go when the forwards are a bit more evenly matched.

Belta

Juniors
Yeah i predict it will be a very tough game for us. I don't think the Panthers expected us to play so well, Parra will be ready, to meet fire with fire. They play with a lot of speed and intensity. Imo if we play with the same intensity as we did against the Panthers we are in with a real chance, I think we have the edge in the forwards, their backs are very dangerous, but so are the a Panthers and we contained them. Will need to start well.

ALSGI

Bench
On last Saturdays stellar performance I hope the Coaches and players don't stop to keep looking for improvements.
I hope they don't rely entirely on what worked against the Panthers for other teams. I believe the Panthers made this mistake and spent too much time on the CS video.
With the depth we have, as most on here predicted in the pre season the forwards will pick themselves on performance and I wouldn't change a thing for now.
Same should apply in the backs. I would take last weeks game to the next level with Milne and Mann in for Lafai and Nighty. Let the backs pick themselves on performance as well.
Yes it was a great result last week but I hope there's continual improvement rather than 'it worked last week' mentality.
Big call changing anything from last week, and I probably won't get much agreement, but the right call to create a performance based culture.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qdf

dragonssamy61

First Grade
On last Saturdays stellar performance I hope the Coaches and players don't stop to keep looking for improvements.
I hope they don't rely entirely on what worked against the Panthers for other teams. I believe the Panthers made this mistake and spent too much time on the CS video.
With the depth we have, as most on here predicted in the pre season the forwards will pick themselves on performance and I wouldn't change a thing for now.
Same should apply in the backs. I would take last weeks game to the next level with Milne and Mann in for Lafai and Nighty. Let the backs pick themselves on performance as well.
Yes it was a great result last week but I hope there's continual improvement rather than 'it worked last week' mentality.
Big call changing anything from last week, and I probably won't get much agreement, but the right call to create a performance based culture.

ALSGI
I understand what your saying but unless there's injuries.
There want be any changes.
Except mann may come onto the bench and Field get a run in the illawarra team.
Not that Jai did anything wrong I just think mann may suite better on the bench as he can cover from 1 to 7 .
But no changes is probably how mary will go

jeffdragon

Bench
Radradra thought he was playing union yesterday ,should have been penslised twice both crucial calls
And the Eagles bombed a sure try on ht
Hopefully our win wasnt a flash in the pan
All the team played great
Panthers could have came back if cleary had of scored
That was a cricial moment
Good to see Masoe play in the reserves
Will add to our depth
Fans are talking about the tigers,
I thought souths were ordinary too.no reynolds and Inglis a passenger

Latest posts