What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameday vs Knights rd 9

Big Marn

Juniors
The first thing that the bird on the post match show did was blame the ref. There won’t be any improvement if that keeps happening. They were given every opportunity in the final 10-15mins with penalties to get the field position and never looked likely

That obstruction try was clear as day, doesn’t matter if Hastings put his arms around him or not, he shouldn’t have a defender in his way, it isn’t up to him to stop and wait for Ford to go through
yeh, i had no issue with that. Ford f**ked up his line completely. Roach was talking bollocks as per usual.
I think there should be tweaks to the challenge rule like they have in some USA sports. If you havent had to use a challenge with 5 minutes to go, thats it. Video will review anything marginal from that point on. Teams are basically using unused challenges as timeouts to get a rest, like today with 1 minute to go. Taking the piss - which the rule entitles them to do.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
yeh, i had no issue with that. Ford f**ked up his line completely. Roach was talking bollocks as per usual.
I think there should be tweaks to the challenge rule like they have in some USA sports. If you havent had to use a challenge with 5 minutes to go, thats it. Video will review anything marginal from that point on. Teams are basically using unused challenges as timeouts to get a rest, like today with 1 minute to go. Taking the piss - which the rule entitles them to do.

how bad yesterday when the Tigers had a challenge left and were told they didn’t ! This after she had already been challenged and beaten 7 times

Apey

Staff member
Storm try in the 99 GF, if you are referring to that, that was from the high shot that knocked Smith out after he landed

Mid 2000s you were definitely allowed to contact the player mid air in a try scoring situation, as I said not sure when that was changed. Couldn’t take legs out dangerously etc, but If you couldn’t touch them then you are just having to let them score
They changed it a few years ago. It's a really dumb rule imo. Part of the whole player safety thing. It used to only be defending players you couldn't tackle in the air but they extended it to attacking players.

Big Marn

Juniors
how bad yesterday when the Tigers had a challenge left and were told they didn’t ! This after she had already been challenged and beaten 7 times
I didnt catch that game. Is that some sort of a record? Is he Gavins daughter or niece? He had some clangers too in his time. Always looked stressed.
edit. shes the wife. I thought Gavin had been out of the game longer. lol. my bad.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
The first thing that the bird on the post match show did was blame the ref. There won’t be any improvement if that keeps happening. They were given every opportunity in the final 10-15mins with penalties to get the field position and never looked likely

That obstruction try was clear as day, doesn’t matter if Hastings put his arms around him or not, he shouldn’t have a defender in his way, it isn’t up to him to stop and wait for Ford to go through
Not talking about that try, I'm talking about the one EVERYONE is talking about. DWZ was tackled in the air and that should've been a penalty try. The WHOLE commentary was saying the same thing!

The reff stuffed up on that one. You can't say 'oh you can't keep blaming the reff'. Mate, fact is - the reff gets it wrong sometimes or a lot. Thats a fact. Theyre not perfect and thats a tip for ya. Thats actually the truth there so theres no arguing me with that one.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Not talking about that try, I'm talking about the one EVERYONE is talking about. DWZ was tackled in the air and that should've been a penalty try. The WHOLE commentary was saying the same thing!

The reff stuffed up on that one. You can't say 'oh you can't keep blaming the reff'. Mate, fact is - the reff gets it wrong sometimes or a lot. Thats a fact. Theyre not perfect and thats a tip for ya. Thats actually the truth there so theres no arguing me with that one.
Quoted you but wasn’t really referencing you directly with it, more the same old same old from honey and the crew every bloody week

The Annesley diatribe tomorrow will be interesting, fits all the requirements for a penalty try now I know the rule has been changed, but I’ve never seen one awarded in those circumstances

44m on our first set.

25m for the Knights.

Montoya makes a break an no one with him.

Barnett penalised, even though he was being held and pulled over by tackled player.

Knights on their 40m

Then 6 again for ruck infringement.

Knights chips over top forced dead by CNK, funky bounce.

Short dropout easily taken By Knights.

Egan down.

Hastings down next tackle.

Ford penalised for a tackle that wasn’t a hip drop, he never landed on his legs. Fix is looking in early here!

Knights stuff it inside the 10m.

Set restart for Warriors, inside the 10m.

RTS step took a divit.

Barnett inside the 10M and penalised, Knights on our 40m.

Then 6 again Inside the 10m.

Gamble scores as grubber hits post after CNK can't pick it up.

6-0 12mins

Montoya drops a bomb but RTS is pushed into the contest and Knight pick it up and score. Goes up no try. Bunker agrees.

Knights Penalised.

Barnett loses it on halfway.

Early kick, CNK gets to ball, ball punched out and not called knock on? Kick again on 0 tackle and penalised for not 10m.

Knight take the 2.

8-0 16mins

Now called a shoulder charge by Tohu on kickoff and penalised.

Ref misses CNK high shot and he stays down and has be told to blow it.

Go to the dry weather play out back to DWZ who drops it. f**k me, we can't suck and have the ref have it in for us.

Knight inside the 10m.

Starting on their 35m.

Walker stay down, holding his knee.

RTS gets ball knocked down by Knights and ref gets the call right. 10m scrum.

Harris loses the ball 2m out.

Knights lose the ball on their 45m.

6 again for Warriors then again for ruck infringement.

Capewell off hobling. (Right calf gone)

Walker scores under the post.

SJ is not engaging the line, but Harris did and drew them in to set up Walker.

8-6 28mins.

Heatherton earns a penalty with a Egan push.

Looked to be playing it before he got up.

6 again for Knights Inside the 10m.

HUGH Tackle by CNK on the line forcing Gaigai Lose the ball with line open.

Knights lose the ball inside their 20m.

DWZ tackled in air and drops ball on way down. Goes up no try. Can't be penalty try apparently. Make no sense to Me, just give away the penalty everytime, it's better then an a try.

Get nothing with less than a minute to play in half.

HALFTIME

Warriors done for a leg pull? WTF? The tackle wasn't finished Or playing trying to get up.

Knights on our 25m.

Knight lose Ball on last, We pass wide and DWZ Loses footing.

Bunty done for inside the 10m, letting Knights Out easily.

Knights throw a forward pass on our 12m.

SJ bombs, Let bounce, Ale kicks at bouncing ball, Ford kicks again and Best forces it.

DWZ this time in the corner. Ref looks back at Hastings Tackling Ford and called and obstruction no try penalty. We didn't take the gap and Knights kept sliding out. Thought this had been corrected??? #refdifferently.

Knights lose the ball on our 40m.

Penalty for tackled after the ball passed.

Taking the 2

8-8 55min

Monsoon starts.

And we still spread it wide.

DWZ stays down.

Clear shoulder charge, but let go. Different shirt than one early by Harris.

CNK forced dead of chip.

SJ kick dropout out on full.

Now DWZ called out on his kick but replay shows a small gap.

How is their still 20mins of this shit left.

Knights throw a forward pas inside the 10m and let go.

Knights force a dropout.

Knights score. Between Barnett and TMM, to easy. Poor f**ken spacing.

14-8 64mins

Crusher on Ford, he stays down, Ref doesn't want to blow it, but forced to.

SJ bomb taken by Knighrs then lost on the run. We going left to right, with no idea.

Next bomb forces Dropout.

Done, can't score against a depleted Knights team with 3 sets back to back.

Penalty for high shot on Montoya but with 5 to go it means little for a shit attack.

We persist with the sweeping right play and CNK Bundled out.

1 trick ponies!

Montoya loses ball in ruck, challenges it, Gamble Moves hands as ball being played.

Penalised. Halfway start.

Berry shoulder charge and late. Should be 10 in bin with 1min to go. But no.

SJ bomb taken Dead like our season now confirmed.

Also that penalty gagai kicked should never have been. Cnk took the ball to ground securely. Knights player knocks it FORWARD in one one strip.
Exactly!
I think in order of shitness.

Ref>>>Our attack>>>our disapline>>>the ground>>>the weather.

But this was fixed as he not getting to the man with the ball in front of his other player and that player with the ball did not take the gap created. All players on the outside made it to their marks and didn't make the tackle.
After Panthers Fullback took a dive 3 players in.

But hey.

If SJ wants more money, he needs to do better than that, that was a diabolical display from a 14 year half in those conditions.

the attack continues to be far too predictable and doesn’t seem to be any efforts to try and change it up at all, that sweep play is easy meat at the moment, especially in those conditions
Yeah SJ is done.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Why the hell don’t we contest kicks? SJ is putting them in a position to be contested but the chasers just aren’t competing. Are they scared of getting penalised? In the wet any contested bomb is a lottery, we just gift possession back.

Post match Webster saying discipline off and didn't stick to script in attack at end.

It was the same f**ken script on repeat sweeping play to the right!!!!

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Poat match Webster saying disapline off and didn't stick to script in attack at end.

It was the same f**ken script on repeat sweeping play to the right!!!!

You're angry, Phil, and I don't blame you. Me? I'm refusing to let the Warriors ruin my holiday! Bloody hell they tried though.

You're angry, Phil, and I don't blame you. Me? I'm refusing to let the Warriors ruin my holiday! Bloody hell they tried though.
Angery, frustrated, disappointed sum it up.
The talent seems to be there, but something clearly isn't right.

Latest posts