What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameplay expectations?

Expectations of game play?

• Great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ordinary to good

• Mediocre

• Shat

• Total voters

Moffo

Referee
For me, this is the make or break section of any game. I hope they pull through, i was a bit iffy on it after the demo

So what does everyone think, with hes get the gameplay right??

Cheers,
Moffo

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Shat, that is unless they have fixed the kicking (slow down the speed when button is pressed to allow enough time to kick), the speed of the game, get rid of the stupid post try celebrations, allow decent passing and offloads. Another feature that should have been enabled is a hole running function. Made possible by pushing a certain special feature button and the direction left or right a player on the side selected will attempt to run into a hole. This happens so often in the real game that it should be in the computer game.

skeepe

Immortal
DvdHntr, what you need to understand is that the game now and the demo are completely different. This is as much as Mario was saying to us over at the RLeague gaming forum in any case. With all the features he mentioned, it sounds like the game play will be absolutely fantastic

Seano

Juniors
exactly - the development guys have had about an extra year since that demo was knocked together to fine tune everything - and from a development point of view they have been constantly monitorign the rleague gaming forum and finding out what we think should be there.

they have done a great job so far and i think this game will be suprise a lot of people - wonder if there will be any ducks? whoa ducks, christ that was funny

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Better to accept the fact that the game will not break any records in gameplay than to be utterly disappointed. Can a player be instructed to run into a hole?? And I was a constant member on the game thread at rleague. It suddenly went quiet before I left because it became obvious that it was fruitless. I got my idea for offloads through but most of the other features were not going to be included, slower markers, kicking improved...etc.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well I have to say that I voted for the last option. It's been so long in the pipeline that it should be great.

Should know more next month.

Mario

Juniors
DvdHntr said:
Better to accept the fact that the game will not break any records in gameplay than to be utterly disappointed. Can a player be instructed to run into a hole?? And I was a constant member on the game thread at rleague. It suddenly went quiet before I left because it became obvious that it was fruitless. I got my idea for offloads through but most of the other features were not going to be included, slower markers, kicking improved...etc.

Thats a rather pessimistic view. I prefer to remain optimistic if you don't mind :)

BTW I fail to see where you get this impression. Almost every aspect of the gameplay has improved since the demo, and that includes kicking.

The demo was done in 4 months. The full game will have had 13 months development.

i think the gameplay is going to be that good ive allready killed my wife and kids, harvested their organs and buried the bodies in the backyard - all so i have more time to enjoy the gameplay*

*not a gaurentee

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
It better be good i've waited so long for a good Rugby League game i hope they make one each year or 2 because it will be great.

At one stage of my life i was dreaming about having this game never thought that they would make one,i expect it to be great considering they were going to release it last November but delayed it for another year.

Must be working hard on it.

Ausguy

Coach
Mario said:
DvdHntr said:

Thats a rather pessimistic view. I prefer to remain optimistic if you don't mind :)

BTW I fail to see where you get this impression. Almost every aspect of the gameplay has improved since the demo, and that includes kicking.

The demo was done in 4 months. The full game will have had 13 months development.

Well said mario, from what i have heard and seen with the screen shots i would have to say (given i have not played it) that this game is going to be quite a comprehensive first release, i was totally annoyed when the release was delayed a year but am now very happy that it was, its going to suprise all of us im sure!!! As long as there are some things we dont know about cos i feel as tho i know everything about his game already.

one thing i am looking forward to is the things that dont usually get discussed, such as, stadiums and how real they are, weather and its effects, and injuries, also general play as in penalties and there frequency, quite looking forward to it approx 8-9 weeks to go!!!!