What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gareth Ellis

I just heard it on the radio, cheers for the links mate.

Looks a big strong lad with a decent offload.

Looking forward to seeing him play.

super_coach

First Grade
Good to see a top notch pommie signing, just like the old tiger days Schofield,Toplis,Hanley,Lockwood,Courier Edwards just to name a few. We certainly got value out of most of them. Dont know much of Ellis, but comes with big wraps. Backrow we have plenty, but not too many in the Beaver Menzies style.

braz

Juniors
I guess ronald must have got international roaming on his nokia 5110.

Eat sh*t to all the doom and gloomers.

Awesome signing.

innsaneink

Referee
Theres gotta be a catch, it just dont fit our style.
You get used to lower graders and fringers

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Another second rower?

He looks promising, but will have to adapt to alot of changes over here. Hope it's a success.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Could be good for us. I'd be more excited if it were Jamie Peacock but Ellis could be the next best thing.

HOT028

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Because he's class.

we must be desperate to get something out to the media for our sponsors, a year out is a long time even if he is a class player as you say.

He's got some big raps, I'll be taking a bit more notice of the ESL this year, other than just watching Skando go round for 'uddersfield..

SKANDO!!!!

innsaneink

Referee
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
He's got some big raps, I'll be taking a bit more notice of the ESL this year, other than just watching Skando go round for 'uddersfield..

SKANDO!!!!

Aye luddie, thoots abowt the extent of mah interest in their gairme as wull :(

sorry

Great signing, hopefully we can reel in a prop or 2 and we'll have a top side for 2009 after setting a great base for it in 2008.

gurstar

Juniors
themanonthehill said:
I guess this means the end of o'hara's successful 3 year holiday/stint etc

could be right there .
he needs a big season to get another contract (with another club of course)

I would involve him a balmain leagues as promoter for the nightclub once the masterplan gets through .. he's obviously handy with social gatherings

Azkatro

First Grade
Ellis is a good signing I think. He turns 27 this year and has played 187 games in GB since he debuted in 1999.

I think you guys will find he's pretty versatile too, having started his career in the centres (47 games) and has played 14 games at five-eighth. The rest of his time is evenly split between second row and lock.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Gareth Ellis has been superb in Super League for years now and gets better with every international series he plays in. He is a hard running second rower with the pace to go through a gap, the upper body strength to open a gap where there isn't one, and the hands to offload at the end of it. He can step a fullback with ease, his tackling is superb and he can play 80 minutes with little drop off in quality. And to top it all he will be in the prime of his career when he goes over to Australia.

Providing he doesn't suffer serious injury or loss of confidence this season I would say Wests have signed a player who would be up there with the very best second rowers in the NRL.

If I were a West Tigers fan, I would be very, very happy with the signing.