What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier too harsh?

TheRev

First Grade
Gasnier is mostly right about the Dragons, he should know, he was there most of his career. But on the other hand, if he genuinely cares, why doesn't he lob on down to training once a week to offer some advice?
I reckon he does mate.. but its pretty obvious that they arent open to his ideas, they play to marys structure.

Having said that, everyone is an armchair genius.

giboz71

First Grade
Gaz is like us on here. He wants his team to do well and he gets frustrated.

He lays in to the halves quite a bit, and implores them to play 'direct'. Pretty simple really, but our halves don't listen.

watatank

Coach
Gasnier is mostly right about the Dragons, he should know, he was there most of his career. But on the other hand, if he genuinely cares, why doesn't he lob on down to training once a week to offer some advice?

Maybe because it's not his job and he doesn't have a job that he needs to save? We don't exactly have a shortage of input from former players, not sure what Gasnier is going to add. I'm not sure why he would waste his time anyway, considering the powers that be probably won't listen.

kit66

Bench
He's one of the most honest and unbiased callers out there but he hates it when the Dragons get a dud call, you can here it in his voice. Was nice to hear Blocker's voice again too, big dummy.

Uplifting

Juniors
Always interested in what Gaz has to say. I never knew he had so much character (before he started commentating). No bias in my opinion, other than, wanting the Dragons to do well.

Old Timer

Coach

Probably because he had to leave the club due to financial arrangements not being honoured and copped a lot of flack because of it.

saint.nick

Coach
No he's bang on. He still has the balls to tip us virtually every week.

He's not a club ambassador. It's not his job to sugarcoat and pretend everything is fine. He's a pundit.

saint.nick

Coach
I reckon he does mate.. but its pretty obvious that they arent open to his ideas, they play to marys structure.

Having said that, everyone is an armchair genius.

You can't be an armchair genius when you're a premiership winner for the club.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Probably because he had to leave the club due to financial arrangements not being honoured and copped a lot of flack because of it.

He floated in and out of the Dragons as he pleased, much like Mundine, although I still think Mundine cops a lot more flack than gaz ever will.

Old Timer

Coach
He floated in and out of the Dragons as he pleased, much like Mundine, although I still think Mundine cops a lot more flack than gaz ever will.

He left the club due to a breakdown in financial arrangements and guarantees not being honoured (much of the present board responsible).

He left to go to France and play rugby and only came back due to the Bennet influence so not sure how that construes as "floated in and out as he pleased"

I can assure you if not for being dudded he would never have left the club.

Choc unfortunately did a mid season showing of the next years Bronco jersey and that was not easily forgiven.

grouch

First Grade

Maybe because Gasnier left for reasons outside his control, he never played for a rival club, and he won a premiership for us. Maybe that's why.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
No one has any positives to take out of the Saints performances. They are poor so good on Gaz for calling it as he sees it. I am sure if they play well he will be more positive in his comments.

Nothing worse than when your team is playing crap and someone on TV is talking them up as if they are good because they are biased. It shows they have no real knowledge and you lose respect. Sterlo would never talk Eels up if they are playing poorly. The 2 Johns' bags the Knights because they know they are poor. Vaughtin talks uip Manly regardless how they play so you just ignore anything else he has to say because he shows how clueless he is.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
He left the club due to a breakdown in financial arrangements and guarantees not being honoured (much of the present board responsible).

He left to go to France and play rugby and only came back due to the Bennet influence so not sure how that construes as "floated in and out as he pleased"

I can assure you if not for being dudded he would never have left the club.

Choc unfortunately did a mid season showing of the next years Bronco jersey and that was not easily forgiven.

He left in 2008 because of financial issues, but what was the excuse for 2011 when he still had 2 years left on his contract?

In regards to why he came back, yes it was for an opportunity to play and win a competition and I'll be forever thankful. But it was not the only reason why he came back to oz, it was also because of his wife/sick father in-law at the time. Read his book.

grouch

First Grade
He left in 2008 because of financial issues, but what was the excuse for 2011 when he still had 2 years left on his contract?
Who needs an excuse for retirement?
In regards to why he came back, yes it was for an opportunity to play and win a competition and I'll be forever thankful. But it was not the only reason why he came back to oz, it was also because of his wife/sick father in-law at the time. Read his book.

So what? He played for us, not anyone else. You're just reaching for anything now

Uplifting

Juniors

Mundine didn't float in and out (just out at this stage) - so that's a bit unfair to say. Exactly what your talking about - cops too much flack.

Re Gaz, he obviously feels qualified to make his comments, who could argue that he doesn't have the credentials, or question his loyalty to the Dragons?!

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Mundine didn't float in and out (just out at this stage) - so that's a bit unfair to say. Exactly what your talking about - cops too much flack.

Re Gaz, he obviously feels qualified to make his comments, who could argue that he doesn't have the credentials, or question his loyalty to the Dragons?!

Mundine left for Brisbane in 1996 then returned in 1998 then left again in 2000.

As for gaz, yeah at the time when he left in 2012, I felt the timing was wrong. We were going through a rebuilding stage and we really could have done with him in the team for another two years.

Of course he has the credentials to be critical of the dragons, all I said was that if he was that passionate about them, he could lend his services to them once in a while to help out with our attacking structures., not sure what everybody is getting so worked up about, are you all related to mark gasnier or something?

Latest posts