What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

mxlegend99

Referee
Dunno how we can expect to beat Storm. Rules are bent for these merkins.

So well coached. Great players in key positions. The referees boss plays hooker for them and rules are bent to help them.

mxlegend99

Referee
Dragons / Warriors

Cracking game of Footy! They are the bench mark!
Yeah I dont think we're at that level yet. But I look forward to being tested by them.

So far we have learned to fix our issues when they cost us. Slow starts the biggest issue. Our first loss and they vanish for every game since.

Also our issues in first halves seem to be mostly rectified in second halves. So i expect we would lose to Warriors or Dragons. But hopefully learn where we need to improve.

forby

Juniors
Somebody just posted a winning Panthers field goal in another thread. It brings one of my first ever memories of the old Panthers when Laurie Fagan kicked a field goal to beat the Balmain Tigers (his old team) 19-18 in 1968. I was sitting in front of the old toilet block at the southern end where he kiced it with my father. I was 9 years old. Perhaps the start off my life long obsession with the Panthers, and still here today (except when I'm overseas working).
My grandchildren now attend as well making three generations together in the Western stand.
I am writing this from Friedrichsdorf in Germany where I hope I can at least listen to the game here on Sunday morning.

roofromoz

First Grade
To anyone who has bought any of the 2018 training gear - what's the quality like compared to the Asics gear?

Keen on getting the warm up shirt, but want to know if its worth the $90.

tripster

Juniors
I have mentioned once or twice now a theory I have about the physicality of our side and the affect it is having on opposition teams - with that affect meaning that whomever we play is still somewhat affected (leaving them at less than their best) the following week, increasing the chance that they lose their next game.

I don’t place a great deal of weight on it this early in the season, but it is true that, other than Souths, every team we have beaten has then lost the following week.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Titans. We left them bruised and battered with a bunch of injuries - I’ll be tipping them to lose to the out of form Cowboys.

The record is remaining intact. The Titans are looking like they will be flogged by the Cowboys. Every team that has played us has lost their next game, except for Souths.

mxlegend99

Referee
The record is remaining intact. The Titans are looking like they will be flogged by the Cowboys. Every team that has played us has lost their next game, except for Souths.
Most teams we've played lost the week before too. Just not many good teams this year.

Blues Riff

Bench
To anyone who has bought any of the 2018 training gear - what's the quality like compared to the Asics gear?

Keen on getting the warm up shirt, but want to know if its worth the $90.
Yeah roo, I've got the new trackie top, also the Camo jersey. I'm happy with the quality and fit- as good or better than the Asics.

unKwn

Juniors
Fun fact- we are undefeated this year in the white jersey and winless in the black.
I was eventually going to mention that sometime but didn't want to jinx everything. also this year every week tigers have won we have won, every week they have lost we have lost.