What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

franklin2323

Immortal
That 50 difference is because they are a good attacking team which will hurt us with our edges being so unstable due to all the shifting.

They are just further along with combinations then we are. We are 4th in attack which is pretty good considering the issues we had

tripster

Juniors
22,500 was the 1st round crowd. I see no reason why this week won't match that

Are you sure? I was at the game and thought I recalled them announcing 18,000 ish? It certainly also didn’t feel like a 22,500 crowd (which I remember from back in the day).

TheFrog

Coach
I am sorry I was wrong. Just looked at D/T 11/3/2018 Dean Ritchie. Sell out crowd 21,504.
This is the crowd given on the NRL stats site too. There appeared to be empty seats in the corners of the eastern stand but it was a hot day and people were probably underneath watching it on the TV screens.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
This is the crowd given on the NRL stats site too. There appeared to be empty seats in the corners of the eastern stand but it was a hot day and people were probably underneath watching it on the TV screens.

The figure was quoted in the D/T article. They would be for those who went through the scanners at the gates

Blues Riff

Bench
Did you catch Gus' Origin team on 100% Footy? Basically all the eligible players in our first grade team. Probably just trying to fire them up for Saturday.

OldPanther

Coach
Gus would know what the NSW team and he's picked this. Either he's a trolling or we'll have a fair amount of representation.

Edit: didn't see blues riff comment. This can add to it :)

mxlegend99

Referee
Lol. No David Klemmer and he has Mez and Tamou ahead of him?

Klemmer is a f**king beast. Even putting aside his run metres. He's big. Strong and aggressive. Has been good for NSW before and is someone who strikes fear into the QLD forwards. If he's not our first forward picked we dont want to beat the QLD pack..

Im happy to start fresh. But Maloney and Klemmer are the two best in their positions this year regardless of that still.

Its crazy that Cordner is the only former Blue who looks a certainty when he's in shit form. f**k him. Make Maloney captain. (In Fittlers team. Not Gus)
Also Gallen is taking the piss just as hard. How about removing club bias for team selection.

Duges and Graham. Tamou and Mez... these guys are along way from form demanding Origin spots again.

OldPanther

Coach
Lol. No David Klemmer and he has Mez and Tamou ahead of him?

Klemmer is a f**king beast. Even putting aside his run metres. He's big. Strong and aggressive. Has been good for NSW before and is someone who strikes fear into the QLD forwards. If he's not our first forward picked we dont want to beat the QLD pack..

Im happy to start fresh. But Maloney and Klemmer are the two best in their positions this year regardless of that still.

Its crazy that Cordner is the only former Blue who looks a certainty when he's in shit form. f**k him. Make Maloney captain. (In Fittlers team. Not Gus)
Also Gallen is taking the piss just as hard. How about removing club bias for team selection.

Duges and Graham. Tamou and Mez... these guys are along way from form demanding Origin spots again.

I can at least see what Gus is getting at. He's taken from the top 2 teams in the comp. Makes sense in a way.

Gallen is just taking the piss. Dugan, Fergo, Graham with a bench that has Peachey AND Cook.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mez would probably be the most likely out of those four
I agree. Hell we could probably win with all 4 so long as we get the halves right.

QLD will never be more vulnerable than now though. I think we need to get the best possible team out there and to tinker with it as needed for the next decade.

Our pack is easily where we can destroy them.

Abacus

Juniors
Gus would know what the NSW team and he's picked this. Either he's a trolling or we'll have a fair amount of representation.

Edit: didn't see blues riff comment. This can add to it :)
I think Klemmer for Tamou and Gus has named the team.

Edit: although Cordner bound to be named also.

MrBlack

Juniors
Here is what I think the forwards should (will) be.

Front Row: Fafita & Klemmer
Hooker: Cook
2nd Row: Cordner (will concede that he will be picked) and Frizell
Lock: Jake T

Bench: RCG, DeBelin, Vaughn and Peach