What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
Whether or not Kent his job back is not down to 'cancel culture'.

In my opinion, that shouldn't be a given.

My opinion is pretty meaningless, cause I don't like the bloke. I suppose it comes down to what Fox management want.
But his potentially not being given his job back, after being acquitted, is the very essence of what cancel culture is all about.

By all means continue to dislike him, but he shouldn’t be denied to right to resume his career after being found not guilty of all charges preferred against him.

ODC

Juniors
My post earlier had nothing to do with the court case of which I hope due process has taken course.
Mine is more of how our sport is doing so well, both financially and in numbers yet doesn’t have the media, analysis and professionalism in accosiation with it of which Kent and the rest of 360 and the telegraph are involved in.

Kilkenny

Coach
My post earlier had nothing to do with the court case of which I hope due process has taken course.
Mine is more of how our sport is doing so well, both financially and in numbers yet doesn’t have the media, analysis and professionalism in accosiation with it of which Kent and the rest of 360 and the telegraph are involved in.
NRL 360 seemed to survive pretty well with Braith at the helm.

I don’t know what Fox will do, time will tell.

Iamback

Coach
There is zero chance he gets his jobs back.

these days the moment you get allegations you are seen as guilty by the public regardless of court verdicts

Whino

Bench
Kent creates controversy and attracted clicks for his bosses. Whatever we think of him. I think he is a low class pile of shit.
He has been acquitted. His paper hasn't paid much attention to the alleged allegations, or the trail. The moment he was cleared, they reported it. Unfortunately he will be back.
Fortunately for me.I don't watch 360 or pay attention to his columns. I won't notice a difference.

soc123_au

Staff member
Kent IS cancel culture. Think of all the hit jobs he's done with no proof that got found to be false. He'd bang on about a player for weeks or months and then they'd be found innocent. He'd then tag on a 5 second "apology" as the credits rolled on 360
The prick still hasn't apologised for his hatchet job on Salmon. That is one of the most disgraceful things I've seen on TV.

Iamback

Coach
Kent creates controversy and attracted clicks for his bosses. Whatever we think of him. I think he is a low class pile of shit.
He has been acquitted. His paper hasn't paid much attention to the alleged allegations, or the trail. The moment he was cleared, they reported it. Unfortunately he will be back.
Fortunately for me.I don't watch 360 or pay attention to his columns. I won't notice a difference.

I don't think the show changed when he left it though

Since I retired a couple of years ago after 40 plus years of service to the Navy, I've watched a lot of footy replays (mainly because I am not a cricket fan) and have noticed a massive amount of "superstar" players who are pretty ordinary against the top teams.

What I mean by ordinary is, they are somewhat clueless up against teams that know how to tackle.

I'll start the list of "hyped up" players that I believe to be massively overrated and are covered up by the media for their short comings.

Nicho Hynes - Cronulla just can't beat a top 8 side no matter how good the media says he is. He's pretty good against the bottom teams though.

Adam Reynolds - probably makes the most poor defensive reads in the comp and gets huge praise for a kick or two. There were a few ordinary kicks in the GF that helped us out.

Trent Loiero - will never get the blame for being out of position in defence because the media love him and Munster. Olam gets caught out all the time because of Loiero going missing and Munster crapping his shorts when players run hard at his outside shoulder.

There's a few and I know we all have a player or two that fits the category.

How about we talk about overrated players during cricket season, it's much more interesting.

MugaB

Coach
Since I retired a couple of years ago after 40 plus years of service to the Navy, I've watched a lot of footy replays (mainly because I am not a cricket fan) and have noticed a massive amount of "superstar" players who are pretty ordinary against the top teams.

What I mean by ordinary is, they are somewhat clueless up against teams that know how to tackle.

I'll start the list of "hyped up" players that I believe to be massively overrated and are covered up by the media for their short comings.

Nicho Hynes - Cronulla just can't beat a top 8 side no matter how good the media says he is. He's pretty good against the bottom teams though.

Adam Reynolds - probably makes the most poor defensive reads in the comp and gets huge praise for a kick or two. There were a few ordinary kicks in the GF that helped us out.

Trent Loiero - will never get the blame for being out of position in defence because the media love him and Munster. Olam gets caught out all the time because of Loiero going missing and Munster crapping his shorts when players run hard at his outside shoulder.

How about we talk about overrated players during cricket season, it's much more interesting.
Any players from Penrith?
You can PM i your not comfortable naming them here...

Any players from Penrith?
You can PM i your not comfortable naming them here...
Not really, but thats probably said with one eye open.

We have some great players who play a fantastic support role to some brilliant players. The likes of Sorenson, Smith, Leota and Tago who just know what is needed.

Too many teams try to be Penrith with half the determination, or skill of our lessor players but as my point is, the media likes to pump up the players that make the odd good tackle and the occasional line break.

Name some that you might have noticed.

Iamback

Coach
Not really, but thats probably said with one eye open.

We have some great players who play a fantastic support role to some brilliant players. The likes of Sorenson, Smith, Leota and Tago who just know what is needed.

Too many teams try to be Penrith with half the determination, or skill of our lessor players but as my point is, the media likes to pump up the players that make the odd good tackle and the occasional line break.

Name some that you might have noticed.

We had a few in Hook's time.

Which continued to their new clubs.

Bryce and RCG were always MIA in big games.

In the comp.

Cody Walker
Moses and Latrell are the 3 biggest downhill skiers in the comp

We had a few in Hook's time.

Which continued to their new clubs.

Bryce and RCG were always MIA in big games.

In the comp.

Cody Walker
Moses and Latrell are the 3 biggest downhill skiers in the comp
Certainly agree with the current 3 you have named.

All 3 have talent that is way surpassed by their ego.

Do you think Cody Walker would have been as brave with all his push and shove crap 30 years ago? Definitely hides behind the no striking policy!

Is Trent the player who is on a train and trial contract with us?