What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I’m sure it will be considered along with numerous other options.

Im not saying I’d do it, but Iongi is a talent and it would be a shame to lose him without ever actually seeing what he could bring.
Dyl has zero of the attributes needed to play in the halves. He even looked lost on the wing for Australia.
He's our best ever 1 and that's the only spot he'll be considered for. He'll play 1 until he's pushed out then he'll play a few years in England or at a shit club here in the Australia. He will then join a strength and conditioning team hopefully

Kilkenny

Coach
From the limited amount I have seen Iongi would make the better half if you are trying to fit him in.
He is an out and out fullback. I’ve never seen him in the halves coming thru the juniors.

We've basically lost our most promising halves, three or four, this past two seasons, poached by other clubs.

Of the current crop of juniors I don’t see NRL quality in any of them from Flegg down. Jett Cleary is the one whom perhaps most is expected off, for obvious reasons, but I haven’t seen anything yet to suggest he could progress further. (Disclaimer: I said the same thing about Nathan Cleary when I first saw him in Matt’s playing hooker.)

Schnieder is our next halves partner next season
Right on.

Schneider can play. More upside and higher ceiling than O’Sullivan and Cogger.

Whether he reaches those heights tonight or not, who knows but he will do a job. Panthers are based on systems and not on single individual brilliance which is dictated by who is playing and who is out.

I’ll be rooting for Scneids tonight and hoping he has a red hot crack out there, which I’m sure he will.

Sime_11

Juniors
Edwards at 6 - gee thats an odd take - for all Dylans metre eating ability etc - i think he organises out defence really well and doesnt get mentioned enough.

we would sacrifice alot of what he does right and every game for minimal improvement in the halves.

Schneider will be fine - i expect Romey to take control of this team and let Schneider do the long range kicking and lots of effort in defence

MugaB

Coach
Edwards at 6 - gee thats an odd take - for all Dylans metre eating ability etc - i think he organises out defence really well and doesnt get mentioned enough.

we would sacrifice alot of what he does right and every game for minimal improvement in the halves.

Schneider will be fine - i expect Romey to take control of this team and let Schneider do the long range kicking and lots of effort in defence
Opposite, romey will stay on his edge, and schnids will just do what nathan does, just a little slower
Its plug in plug out, everyone is assuming that romey needs to step up, but he just has to do what he always does

murraymob

Coach
Watching the footy show.Nathan cleary is on .Super impressive in everything he does from preparation to talking about the team said he will be back after the bye

Iamback

Coach
Read smh article today that said of the last 76 times we’ve been up at half time we’ve won 75. Incredible. Ivan still massively underrated for what he’s done here.

The only loss was the Golden Point one v Cows last year without the Origin guys.

Even that has an *