What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

murraymob

Coach
I marched around the lounge room playing a trumpet singing parra sucks .But now Barrett is coach I will put a red nose on as well clown Barret is back

hindy111

Post Whore
As far as takes over I don't think much happens now.
We have Jnr,Lane,Sivo all with another 2yrs left after this one on big dollars.
Same goes for RCG and Matto but atleast they are playing ok. The other 3 are barely at NRL level.
So 2 million of the cap is wasted on those 3 guys. Throw in Gutherson on 800k who's knee is shot it seems and that's 3 mill.
2027 before I think the Eels would be strong again. 2026 if they manage to offload some earlier.

murraymob

Coach
No. Bit older and has coached briefly before and I think in someone's system.
But this was a fast sacking. Maybe they want Bennet? I wouldn't mind him but he is getting old.
You sponsor Ronald McDonald house just reserve a bed for bennet give him a wheelchair he will be ready to go

murraymob

Coach
The interesting thing will be most new coaches try to get there own roster will be interesting to see who he try’s to move on and how much of there contract the eels will cover

hindy111

Post Whore
The interesting thing will be most new coaches try to get there own roster will be interesting to see who he try’s to move on and how much of there contract the eels will cover

The best for Parra would be to move guys on right now. This seasons shot and if a side took on there remaining 2yrs but got this year thrown in for free it's more enticing especially if the sides a premiership threat.

After this season the estimate would be left on the following for 2yrs
SIVO 1 mill
Lane 1 mill
Jnr 1.5 mill

If the Eels paid the rest of this season and maybe a further 200k they MIGHT get some bites. I still think Jnr at a new club can offer something.

Frankus

Juniors
No. Bit older and has coached briefly before and I think in someone's system.
But this was a fast sacking. Maybe they want Bennet? I wouldn't mind him but he is getting old.
Bennett has signed with the rabbits from all reports. Seriously don’t see him back flipping to go to the slipperies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Bennett has signed with the rabbits from all reports. Seriously don’t see him back flipping to go to the slipperies.

Agree. Moses and Guth are due back. I'd say they didn't want to risk winning amd making it harder to sack him. That or players where complaining.

BxTom

Bench
I would not be at all surprised to see Bennett at Parra. It's out of character for him to be as talkative as he is. If he thinks he can hoodwink the media on the other hand...

Frankus

Juniors
Agree. Moses and Guth are due back. I'd say they didn't want to risk winning amd making it harder to sack him. That or players where complaining.
No reason for them to be tanking in May when they have the squad to compete. But it’s clear Arthur ball isn’t working anymore. Definitely time for new blood. Just pray you don’t sign one of the scrap heap coaches like Griffin

Latest posts