What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Williams Appreciation Thread

Tommy Smith

Referee
I don't care if he's only 3 games into his NRL career; if anything it's scary to think about how quickly he's adjusted.

Hits in D like Lincoln Withers
Hands like Cliffy Lyons
Runs the ball like Alfie Langer
Head & voice of a true Northern Englishmen

I haven't enjoyed watching a halfback play with this much freedom and trickery in a long time. Old school to the core.

Step aside Ragnar, the Vikings have a new king!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Makes me laugh the way media is going on about him as some great find. He’s been an international for 5 years and won titles in SL lol. It’s not like he’s some 19 year old signed from Batley!
The new rules are already seeing nrl catch up to SL in speed of game and open play so expect him to feel much more at home.

TDD91

Juniors
The issue with him at Wigan the last couple of seasons after signing his Marquee contract was that all of the pressure was on him to produce something out of nowhere. Now that he's in an environment with more talent and a bit less pressure on him to do 100% of the work, he's going to thrive.

Vee

First Grade
I was one of the doubters. I think the 6tg has really opened it up for him, running at tired and/or disorganised defensive lines.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Hes been very good yo start his nrl career. Looks like he can defend at an nrl level which was my main fear. Hope he keeps rolling

Canard

Immortal
Who does this bathless Pom think he is?? Coming over here and showing up NRL players!

Show some respect!

BadnMean

Juniors
a real comp that’s having to change its rules to be more like SL lol.

I actually thought that straight away after Thursday & Friday showed the new rules actually HAD reduced the wrestle & sped things up just by a bit. It reminded me a bit SL footy (when good teams play) and I thought George might enjoy this...