What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gerard Sutton demoted to Titans v Warriors clash

nick87

Coach
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-24/nrl-referee-gerard-sutton-avoids-axing/10030048

Forget the events that led to this demotion, they're being discussed in other places... what the f**king hell is this bullshit?
How do you get demoted to another NRL game? It's basically the NRL tacitly saying the Warriors and Titans dont matter to them

What kind of organisation runs this way?
Either he's deemed good enough to officiate NRL games or he's not, you cant just demote a man to ref games between two teams you dont give a f**k about.

Chook Norris

First Grade
They could not have screwed this up further even if they had tried. Way to piss on other fans indeed. 'Demoted' :joy:

bileduct

Coach
Why did Reynolds get dropped? That Leilua pass was a 50/50 call in real time. Are we gonna set a precedent for refs getting dropped over calls like that?

Reactions: Vee

Exsilium

First Grade
It's pretty offensive to be honest and I'm sure Titans fans and teams close to the warriors on the table agree.

No game is low profile.

Especially considering there’s six rounds to go and it’s a wide open race.

I’d be pretty annoyed if I were a warriors fan.

thorson1987

Coach
So he isn't even been moved to the assistant ref role.

What a f**king joke.

If they are going to be demoted, send them back down to NSW/QLD Cup for a few weeks.

King hit

Coach
The NRL is inept, Greenberg is a fool and the game not only lacks credibility and accountability, it is pissing on the fans.

That f**kwit pommie banker regressed our game and I didn't think it could go back further with Greenberg but I just get proven wrong time and time again.

Exsilium

First Grade
That f**kwit pommie banker regressed our game and I didn't think it could go back further with Greenberg but I just get proven wrong time and time again.

Greenberg has escaped plenty of criticism despite a multitude of failures.

AJB1102

First Grade
Why did Reynolds get dropped? That Leilua pass was a 50/50 call in real time. Are we gonna set a precedent for refs getting dropped over calls like that?

If they can look at a replay of a pass and be certain enough in what they've seen to drop a ref then I don't see why forward passes can't be reviewed and ruled on like everything else by the bunker.

Its typical knee-jerk overreaction from the NRL. Cough up 2 lesser scalps to the fans & media baying for blood and hope it goes away quickly.

Latest posts