What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

get behind the aussie to telstra switch

tigerdan

Juniors
as u know the wests tigers, saints and supporters of rugby league fans were turned away from ticketec outlets around the state after 1 of the fastest sell-outs in finals history. the game should be moved to telstra for the good of the supporters and the game. approx 30,000 will miss out and 90% of them are tigers fans. the NRL has now said it supports the switch of grounds but the scg trust has said NO simply because it doesnt want to lose the game to telstra. this will be a great game to watch and im sure telstra will be packed out if not sold out, LETS GIVE THIS GAME THE CROWD IT DESERVS. good luck to both teams but go the tigers
fire off and email and lets put some pressure on them, dont be abusive or u will cause more harm than good

Rodney
Cavalier
AO
Chairman
rcavalier@scgt.nsw.gov.au

John
Cloney
Deputy
Chairman
jcloney@scgt.nsw.gov.au

here are some others

reception@scgt.nsw.gov.au

and

venueservices@scgt.nsw.gov.au

complain with a call, Phone Number is (02) 9360 6601

Here are some email addresses for Members of Parliament if anybody wants to try that route. they own the trustees

Mr John Watkins: ryde@parliament.nsw.gov.au
Mr Graham West: campbelltown@parliament.nsw.gov.au
Ms Sandra Nori: sandra.nori@parliament.nsw.gov.au
Mr Morris Iemma: thepremier@www.nsw.gov.au

thank u for your support

junior009

Juniors
It's just not going to happen. Good luck to you for trying but I think your wasting your time.

Mr Saab

Referee
not going to happen.
More chance of 20 inches of rain in the simpson desert in 5 days.

if it was going to happen it would have had to happen yesterday, it's too late now.
I do feel sorry for tigers supporters that missed out but if they had of finished 2nd they would have had the extra week to get tickets. There has to be a benefit for finishing higher on the table.

Eels Dude

Coach
Sorry, while I sypathise with you, I think it's best you just accept the change is not going to be made. If had any chance of being changed the wheels would already have to be in motion.

parra-matters said:
if it was going to happen it would have had to happen yesterday, it's too late now.
I do feel sorry for tigers supporters that missed out but if they had of finished 2nd they would have had the extra week to get tickets. There has to be a benefit for finishing higher on the table.

I agree. We can only hope that the NRL is proactive in the future rather than waiting for a balls up like we have now before it decides to remedy the situation.
Gallop has already indicated that he will consider a number of changes for next year and thats the best anybody can hope for at the moment.

On your last point, the Dragons reward for finishing higher than Wests was the week off. The fact that they also basically drew a home game for the qualifying final is incidental to that benefit. Releasing tickets early was an administratve decision, albeit a stupid one, which creates gross disparities and encourages the entrepreneurs to sell tickets on ebay.

Red Bear

Referee
Meh, Aussie stadium is a far far superior venue, despite not holding as many people. Atmosphere will be brilliant

Eels Dude

Coach
tiger_nick said:
Why are you guys bothering to open, read and then post in the thread if its boring you?

:roll:

To let him know that while his argument is valid, his ideas just aren't practical.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
I think the cause is a dead one now, the NRL should of acted last week not this week but at the end of the day its going to be played at Aussie Stadium

Its time to move on and focus on the great opportunity that the Wests Tigers have on Saturday night!

Albinomonkey

Juniors
tigerdan, may I ask what your plan is for re-issuing seats and tickets to those who have already bought them is? i'm sure they wouldn't appreciate waiting in a line of some 40,000 people to get a new ticket on saturday, and it would be nearly impossible to work out which seats would be left over to sell.

choc_soldier

Coach
Whilst I wholeheartedly agree that there should be a switch, I think the issue is dead now - too late for a change.

Hopefully this thing never happens again.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I heard the NRL's original excuse - that of presold tickets - and I think it's a valid one. C9 and Gould can rant and rave as much as they like, but ignoring the fans that pre purchased tickets for these matches is simply having your head in a bucket and ignoring logic.

It's like moving the GF from Telstra to River Plate because they can cram in more fans. It's not the first sellout in League history - and it won't be the last. Get over it.

bazza

Immortal
If they move this game, Wests Tigers should move games from Leichart when the crowd is expected to be over 20,000.
What about all the fans that missed out on getting into the Tigers v Souths game?

tigerdan

Juniors
bazza said:
If they move this game, Wests Tigers should move games from Leichart when the crowd is expected to be over 20,000.
What about all the fans that missed out on getting into the Tigers v Souths game?
the fact u can compare the souths tigers game with this shows u know nothing!!!

its too late anyway, may this never happen again