What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get rid of Jeff Wells

iggy plop

First Grade
Can someone please explain to me why Jeff Wells is writing in a Sydney paper? His Monday opinion piece has been on AFL the last two weeks and when he does write about league it's usually an ill-informed bagging.

Let's face it, the guy knows nothing about the rugby codes and very limited in what he can write to a Sydney audience, so he plays it safe with AFL.

How long would a Sydney writer last in a Melbourne paper? One week at the most I'd reckon.

We simply don't need Melbourne columnists in our papers, especially ones who know nothing about our most popular sports.

sport@dailytelegraph.com.au

to let the paper know.

Isnt he the one that referes to "My stint in in United State Of America" in every article he writes.

Seriously, these angry old farts are just like one another.

zulu

Juniors
Like, Iggy, I just can't work out why the DT employ him. He doesn't write for a Sydney audience. They might as well hire Mike Sheehan from Melbourne to write opinion while they're at it.

Wells is an AFL plant - probably part of the AFL's deal with News LTD to grab a greater piece of Sydney.

Beaussie

First Grade
Mr Wells writes fantastic articles for the Daily Telegraph.

Keep up the good work Jeff, we all deep down love you in Sydney :D

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Well it's obvious he writes to the minority......i haven't read his articles in close to a year now.

supermario

Juniors
Ahhh yes, my good mate jeff !!!

i had a nice running battle with him in 2002 when he was absolutly slaging out the roosters on their run to the grand final !

fencing.gif

our little stoush went on for about 3 weeks untill the roosters made the grand final where i offered to buy him tickets to the grand final and sit with all the roosters fans !!!!

Lets just say, i have not heard from him again !!!!
sarcastic-surrender.gif

iggy plop

First Grade
There's no need to get mad at him when he does find the time to talk about the number one footy code Sydney, because he knows nothing about it.

It's only when he bags the code in favour of his sick fetish for Gay Football.

iggy plop

First Grade
That wanker Wells did yet another AFL comment piece in Monday's footy liftout. He is suppossed to be a floating opinion writer, yet his Monday yarn is always regarding the AFL. That's 4 AFL stories in a row on the backpage of the liftout!!

Who is paying this clown to continually focus on a sport foreign to Sydney people??

The AFL is trying to make inroads in NSW obviously and planting Wells at DT is one way they can get their hands on the cake. They probably figured if they can stick him there long anough, people will relent. :roll:

dimitri

First Grade
hahahah

maybe if he wrote something decent

but itsl all crap

afl is crap

crap crap crap

iggy plop

First Grade
Another Monday Daily Telegraph sports liftout, another pointless Jeff Wells AFL editorial.

This week Wells chose to give the readers a lesson on Richmond and the history of the VFL. Like we in Sydney give a toss you stupid Melbourne f**k!!

The guy is supposed to comment on all sport, yet chooses to write about AFL 90 percent of the time. What is going on here? Is the AFL paying for this clown to make an impact in Sydney papers?

I don't mind if he talks on AFL once in a blue moon, but not every f**king week. Give the back page opinion piece to a real Sydney sports writer!!!

I call on all leaguies to compain to the tele about this fool.

Southernsaint

Staff member
The Tele journos are all hacks anyway (even Chippy), who would replace Wells?? Mike Gibson?? :lol:

Just use the page for adverts, we'd all learn more.

Cheers,
Ben S.

iggy plop

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
The Tele journos are all hacks anyway (even Chippy), who would replace Wells?? Mike Gibson?? :lol:

Just use the page for adverts, we'd all learn more.

Cheers,
Ben S.

At least Gibbo knows Sydney and is a Sydney person.

OVP

Coach
iggy plop said:
Another Monday Daily Telegraph sports liftout, another pointless Jeff Wells AFL editorial.

This week Wells chose to give the readers a lesson on Richmond and the history of the VFL. Like we in Sydney give a toss you stupid Melbourne f**k!!

The guy is supposed to comment on all sport, yet chooses to write about AFL 90 percent of the time. What is going on here? Is the AFL paying for this clown to make an impact in Sydney papers?

I don't mind if he talks on AFL once in a blue moon, but not every f***ing week. Give the back page opinion piece to a real Sydney sports writer!!!

Why do you read him then ?

iggy plop

First Grade
OVP said:
iggy plop said:

I don't mind if he talks on AFL once in a blue moon, but not every f***ing week. Give the back page opinion piece to a real Sydney sports writer!!!

Why do you read him then ?

I'm sick of that response. What's wrong with commenting on the make up of the papers and what should or shouldn't be in them? You don't have to read the articles in their entirety to know what they're about.

I think it's a joke that we've got a Melbourne journo continually sprouting Melbourne rubbish to a Sydney audience.

I'll buy the paper, read the liftout get to the back page of it and say "here we go again."

AFL plant.

DIEHARD

----
iggy plop said:
I'm sick of that response. What's wrong with commenting on the make up of the papers and what should or shouldn't be in them? You don't have to read the articles in their entirety to know what they're about.

I think it's a joke that we've got a Melbourne journo continually sprouting Melbourne rubbish to a Sydney audience.

I'll buy the paper, read the liftout get to the back page of it and say "here we go again."

AFL plant.

I agree with you Iggy 100%. It's not a bloody matter of "if you dont like it don't read/watch it". Sorry but I'd rather not bury my head in the sand and let spin doctors rule this world.

The equation needs to be properly balanced!

OVP

Coach
But there are some people in Sydney, believe it or not who WANT to hear about AFL. Most of course, people like you and me, want to hear about Rugby League. So therefore the Telegraph caters for both. And THAT's why Sydney sh!ts ALL over the insecure, insular, pathetic attitude of Melbourne-head journos. Let them have their pathetic insular game that NOBODY plays, at least Sydney can be a place where all walks of life can mingle and let their opinions be known. I think its great we allow such tripe, because it shows we are MUCH better than those pathetic inbreds from Melbourne. Let them have their fun, we ALL know who is the better off in the long run :)

Dont let it stress you man ... we already are better than them by allowing it. This is the problem with Australia, you all think banning things is good ... its VERY wrong. Didnt we fight two wars to make this a free country ? Banning anything wont do anyone any good at all.