What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get rid of Jeff Wells

DIEHARD

----
We don't want it banned we just want media coverage to be an accurate representation of the sport's support. That is all I ever ask for Rugby League either.

zulu

Juniors
OVP said:
But there are some people in Sydney, believe it or not who WANT to hear about AFL. Most of course, people like you and me, want to hear about Rugby League. So therefore the Telegraph caters for both. And THAT's why Sydney sh!ts ALL over the insecure, insular, pathetic attitude of Melbourne-head journos. Let them have their pathetic insular game that NOBODY plays, at least Sydney can be a place where all walks of life can mingle and let their opinions be known. I think its great we allow such tripe, because it shows we are MUCH better than those pathetic inbreds from Melbourne. Let them have their fun, we ALL know who is the better off in the long run :)

Dont let it stress you man ... we already are better than them by allowing it. This is the problem with Australia, you all think banning things is good ... its VERY wrong. Didnt we fight two wars to make this a free country ? Banning anything wont do anyone any good at all.

No need to ban the prick. Just get him to write on a variety of football codes for a change. Wells is a Victorian and he just doesn't work in Sydney.

Beaussie

First Grade
Diehard said:
We don't want it banned we just want media coverage to be an accurate representation of the sport's support. That is all I ever ask for Rugby League either.

Judging by that logic News Ltd and the Herald Sun should pull out of promoting the Storm immediately, because there certainly is very little interest in RL in Victoria. Definately not enough interest to warrant a page or more a day in the Herald Sun.

dimitri

First Grade
Beaussie said:
Diehard said:

Judging by that logic News Ltd and the Herald Sun should pull out of promoting the Storm immediately, because there certainly is very little interest in RL in Victoria. Definately not enough interest to warrant a page or more a day in the Herald Sun.

id say 10,000 crowds on days/nights when the weather is reasonable definitely does deserve interest

that is more than what you normally get at basketball games down there and how much coverage does basketball get????

choc_soldier

Coach
I don't read Jeff Wells, because he craps on about nothing, but makes it out to be something. Just like Ray Chesterton.

zulu

Juniors
Beaussie said:
I thought the Storm attracted 6,000 - 8,000 max.

Look at the figures bearthur. The Storm have attracted more 9-10,000 plus crowds over the past 14 months than the 6-8 you've quoted.

The 6,000 at the Cowboys was the exception rather than the norm.

They get more than the 2 basketball teams combined down there.

zulu

Juniors
Guess what!! Wells wrote about league today!

Was it a story commenting on the actual game itself? No, no. It was another agenda driven article about the Bulldogs and rugby league's culture.

The rare times he does mention league, it's to bash it. nevermind what happens in his pathetic code down south.

what is this turkey doing in Sydney's media?

Southernsaint

Staff member
It's so funny, on bigfooty they are always complaining that he's an Sydney / NRL stooge...

Cheers,
Ben S.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Jeff Wells article today about how the Socceroos vs Turkey is more important than State of Origin because soccer is the world's game makes me wanna puke. He also states the Super 12 grand final and Swans vs Hawthorn in the AFL are more important than Origin.

what a wanker, he's just trying to stick it to NRL fans.

If the Socceroos game was so important to people it would not have been broadcast at 11pm on SBS and the result would be on the back cover of the newspaper.

If the interest in the Super 12 grand final was so high then how come it is not live on free-to-air like the NRL grand final. Most people don't know when the game itself is, day/night, sat/sun, who knows?

As for the swans being bigger than Origin in NSW, puhlease...

DIEHARD

----
I can't believe he is writing for a Sydney paper, if he doesn't even understand NSW. And insulting the importance of State of Origin, shit I'd never go down to Melbourne and drag my arse along their traditions and history.

It's time for a clean out of the newspapers, its time journalists stopped getting their credanials off the back of cereal boxes.

ibeme

First Grade
He only needs to look at the ratings and crowd figures to see just how many people 'care' about rugby league. He's just instulted the lot of them with his 'who cares' comments. He should realise that they're the people who pay his bills, so he should start to care.

gaterooze

Bench
I bet a *lot* more people read his column when he writes about League (even if it is negative) than when he writes about Union or AFL.

I'd venture as many people will watch the Bunnies v Warriors (the two bottom teams in the NRL) on Foxtel that will watch the Super 12 Final (previous ratings this year strongly support that -- really, who cares?). And Hawthorn vs Swans? :lol: That sums it all up, doesn't it?

Knightmare

Coach
Give me this arse-clown's e-mail address! I'll tell him just how many people care about State Of Origin! I've got a better SMS to send him: U HAVE NO FU(KING IDEA, GO BACK TO VICTORIA U WANKER!

Southernsaint

Staff member
More AFL from Mr Wells again.

I can imagine the will-power he must've used to avoid bagging the League in todays column, the dickhead.

He did manage in one of his side-bars to refer to the State Of Origin as a "shallow concept", though :roll:

Cheers,
Ben S.