What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GET RID OF MCRONE

Carlton

Juniors
I just watched the game and I have no idea what some posters are going on about. Every player put in, in what was a really tough game. I think McCrone played extremely well and I didn't see too much wrong with what Mann did the short time he was actually playing 5/8. He looked very slippery. I think the team looked most disorganised with JDB at 5/8 but overall there wasn't that much difference between the two halves of the game except that in the second half the Roosters seemed to get a lot more leeway from the refs. Good on the team for gritting it out to the end.

Hawkins

Juniors
usher-eating-popcorn.jpg

possm

Coach
I just watched the game and I have no idea what some posters are going on about. Every player put in, in what was a really tough game. I think McCrone played extremely well and I didn't see too much wrong with what Mann did the short time he was actually playing 5/8. He looked very slippery. I think the team looked most disorganised with JDB at 5/8 but overall there wasn't that much difference between the two halves of the game except that in the second half the Roosters seemed to get a lot more leeway from the refs. Good on the team for gritting it out to the end.
I felt our forwards started to fade in the second half. The Roosters pack seemed to make ground more easily up the middle and their halves we given more room as a result. We had our chances but the bounce of the ball went against us on the day. Would have been great if we looked to position ourselves better for a field goal late in regular time.

Carlton

Juniors
I felt our forwards started to fade in the second half. The Roosters pack seemed to make ground more easily up the middle and their halves we given more room as a result. We had our chances but the bounce of the ball went against us on the day. Would have been great if we looked to position ourselves better for a field goal late in regular time.

I think that the Roosters were allowed to flop and hold down in the tackles and the refs had us back a long way in the second half especially. We got penalised a couple of times for pretty minor indiscretions which helped give them a roll on.

Simon

Juniors
Horrible thread - almost should be deleted.

I remember at the time saying 'great kick'. A bad bounce and then the 7 tackle set. Not McCrones fault. A good bounce or even any bounce other than what he got and we'd all be singing his praises.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but after the field goal Macdonald and Dugan were lying on the ground hands on head. It was McCrone that ran up to both players and picked them up.

dino2170

Juniors
And thats what I alluded to. He should of stepped up and a veteran of his stature SHOULD NOT OF given easts 7 tackles in golden point.

dino2170

Juniors
Horrible thread - almost should be deleted.

I remember at the time saying 'great kick'. A bad bounce and then the 7 tackle set. Not McCrones fault. A good bounce or even any bounce other than what he got and we'd all be singing his praises.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but after the field goal Macdonald and Dugan were lying on the ground hands on head. It was McCrone that ran up to both players and picked them up.
WHY. the general consesus of this thread early on was that Mcrone wasnt up to first grade standard. I think he tries but hes not first grade HENCE the Hunt signing.

Life's Good

Coach
What a stupid Thread....some people have too much time on there hands. After yesterdays gutsy effort we should be applauding our team not bagging them. Hang your head in shame.
Well put. We lost by 1 point & took the game to GP which is a lottery at the best of times.
Widdops missed penalty, a couple of missed chances in the first half, Pearce miraculously regathering the pass, the kick from McCrone with one too many rolls. FFS get a grip on reality for those wanting McCrone dropped(even though I remain critical of his play at certain stages). All well & good saying drop him Mann but who do you replace them with. There are some dribblers in here.

Simon

Juniors
WHY. the general consesus of this thread early on was that Mcrone wasnt up to first grade standard. I think he tries but hes not first grade HENCE the Hunt signing.

After the effort the whole team put in yesterday and for that matter the whole start to the season, singeing out an individual for what you call a mistake is disrespectful. Be proud of the performance the team put forward.

To get rid of McCrone we need to replace him with someone better. Yes, Hunt is better, but that's next year. What he has shown so far this year proves he is the right person at the moment for the job. Support the team and be proud of what we have produced so far this season. If we play like we did yesterday we will win more than we lose. One loss against a quality team shouldn't mean we death ride the team or individuals. We will lose again at some stage this year, lets just hope the team continue to produce the effort they're currently showing.

Bench
Next person to post wins a season pass to the sharks games.
That should end this crap

slippery5

Juniors
Let's put this all in prospective. McCrone is not a first grade player, no disrespect intended. He has been thrown in at the deep end.
His skill level won't ever evolve from where it is now.
He has been very sound in games and plays to his ability. That is all you can ask a player to do
When a former coach , who was one of the best halfback to play the game & knows what is expected in that position doesn't want to retain you, you have to question his finer qualities, in the little 1%'s required throughout a game, which he unfortunately doesn't possess ??????????

Feel sorry for McCrone

Nevertheless his defence is first class

Gives it his all

Ordinary to mediocre kicking game cost us tonight

Don't expect to see much of him in 2018