What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GF Weather Thread

strider

Post Whore
now we just need a bit more warmth

how about we trade 5 degrees from today to Sunday :thumn

mickdo

Coach
A few showers should be ok. Hopefully it gets revised further and a strong wind blows it all trhu early :)

Gronk

Staff member
SMH rain predictor now has the probability of Sunday's rain as medium, up from low.

84 Baby

Referee
I hate the rain. In recent times it has meant my weekend sport has been cancelled and the Eels have lost making for very crap weekends. Just hope it buckets down tonight and doesn't rain again this weekend

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
If it rains it's gonna hurt us more then the storm, our attack is based on our offloads I can see a lot of drop ball come Sunday

Ondafly

Juniors
Just another obstacle for the lads to overcome. Whilst the rain wont help our offlads, I don't think the wet will help the Melbourne players tackle the likes of Hayne or Fui.

lingard

Coach
Rain might be in our favour. Hard to defend in the rain against short-passing. As long as they are selective about it. What's the best way to play in the rain? Short, sharp passing game. Rain certainly WON'T favour the Storm in any way at all - they employ a long passing game.

Fitz

Juniors
Showers forecast for NRL Grand Final

WILL the wet weather rain on Parramatta's ad-lib style? Or will the drizzle slow down the sizzle in Greg Inglis and Billy Slater?

The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast showers along with chilly temperatures for Sunday's Grand Final at Homebush.
NRL experts last night were unsure who would be adversely affected by the anticipated wet.
But Eels champion Nathan Hindmarsh said any rain would dent the match as a spectacle.
"I suppose it might affect the attacking ability of the sides, which isn't good," said Hindmarsh.
"There will be a few more dropped balls.
"But no matter what the conditions, we will just play what we see.
"It might take away from the spectacle though and the supporters might be disappointed.
"No one likes sitting in the rain."
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

It would be the first NRL Grand Final played in rain since the 2003 encounter between the Sydney Roosters and Penrith.
"Rain will definitely change the game," said then-Panthers' Grand Final centre Ryan Girdler.
"It raises a lot of questions.
" It might favour Parramatta because they don't play with a lot of structure.
"Melbourne play with more structure and work hard for field position and put on more set plays.
"Parramatta might look to cut back on their off-loads but if they don't off-load, they don't score points.
"I just hope it doesn't rain."
Former Australian captain, Laurie Daley, does not believe Parramatta will become timid in the wet.
"It will mean the teams have to be selective," Daley said.
"But I don't think it will mean Parramatta will put the ball under their arm and bash and barge.
"They will want to continue to play football.
"I'm not sure the weather will have a massive influence but it will mean teams will have to be selective about what they do."
Graham Murray, who coached the NSW Origin side, said tactical kicking would be crucial.
"It might hurt Parramatta because of their off-loads and the fact they love to keep the ball alive," Murray said.
"It will also affect Melbourne as well.
"I guess it will come down to who has the best kicking game.
"Both teams have three or four kickers."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-nrl-grand-final/story-e6frexni-1225781825656

mickdo

Coach
Sounds like most of the rain will be on Saturday. Sunday is likely to have a few showers here and there, so we'd be fairly unlucky for it to be during the game. ANZ's drainage is very good as well, so there shouldn't be any issues there.

Suitman

Post Whore
Sounds like most of the rain will be on Saturday. Sunday is likely to have a few showers here and there, so we'd be fairly unlucky for it to be during the game. ANZ's drainage is very good as well, so there shouldn't be any issues there.

I reckon you're right there mate.

In fact, I'd like to go a bit further and predict that we might be really lucky, and not get much at all.

From Monday onwards, it may get worse again.
Maybe it's just the hope from me for a dry GF.

I hope the blue and gold weather gods are looking after us.

Suity