What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gibbs and fifita to leave at season's end

Borat.

Juniors
Sheens obviously doesnt consider Moltzen a halfback so rule him out of the equation - the question is whether Miller will gat a shot and whether he will succeed.

Well Sheens obviously rates him cause he got a few minutes at 7 allready....Wont see much of him this year IMO...

maitland_magpie

Juniors
I remember watching Daine Laurie when he first started with us and thinking he was something very special. I was wrong and Sheens got that one right letting him look else where. I am going to believe that Sheens knows a great deal more than me and has his reasons for letting these boys go.

DanOz

Juniors
I remember watching Daine Laurie when he first started with us and thinking he was something very special. I was wrong and Sheens got that one right letting him look else where. I am going to believe that Sheens knows a great deal more than me and has his reasons for letting these boys go.

Sheens also called John Morris the next Cooper Cronk.

macnaz

Staff member
For what its worth Kimorley has rated Miller the best halfback in Toyota Cup. Good sign hopefuly.

N.C.

Juniors

Undoubtedly... But let me elaborate.

More $ means your club will expect you to be a better footballer than if you were on less $.
More $ does not mean you are suddenly a better footballer than you were when you were on less $.
Playing for a club that struggles in so many facets of the game (on and off the field) could go either way - character building, or soul destroying... Which will it be for Fifita?

Interestingly I heard a stat - Our last SOO or Kangaroo prop was blocker roach... ... So aint no bed of roses for a Prop at WT anyway...

This is a good point... but it is a little self-serving. Of course we wont ever have another Kangaroo prop if we keep selling off all our prospects!

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Brisbane over the past four years have let go props Petro, Dave Taylor, Leoroyd-Lars, Hannant and survived and thrived... I'm not too worried about losing Gibbs and Fifita. And it's ridiculous to assume or panic that there is no plan in place with their leaving and thinking we aren't getting amongst the player market or having great faith in our junior crop that one or two can be even better than Fifita.

So we haven't signed anyone yet....big f**king deal. It's June.

They're gone. It's time to move on to greener pastures.