What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gig-gig-giggity

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Can a game ever feel better?

80 minutes of brilliant Bulldogs football. Absolutely loved it.

The Dogs are back baby. 2006 = the year of the Dog.

Al-l-l-l-l right...

Jackal Dog

Juniors
the 1st half was amongst the best I have seen this year great to see Sonny Bill starting to fire!

mattyg

Bench
this probably was our 2nd best game of the year behind that tigers round 2 game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Esss Beeee Double-UUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

What a game!!!! 3rd now, if Tigers win we stay there!! :D

Ridders

Coach
how good did sonny look when he started to get more involved...i can't wait for him to start playing in the second-row or lock again

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Sonny Bill Williams - he's starting to fulfil his potential, and I am pumped.

Can't wait for next week. Honestly I was worried after our display vs the Broncos, but that was a simply awesome display.

diggity

Juniors
The Dogs are still to be found out this year. You have a great forward pack (there is no denying that) but your halves will ultimately let you down. Look for Holdsworth to string a number of bad games together....and Shifty just isn't the same player anymore.

You'll bow out first round of the semi's........and it will be a number of seasons til you see the top 8 again.

bulldog

Bench
The Dogs are still to be found out this year. You have a great forward pack (there is no denying that) but your halves will ultimately let you down. Look for Holdsworth to string a number of bad games together

Holdsworth is improving every week, I like the way he's starting to take on the line a bit more, if he starts to struggle look for Reni to move back into 5/8th.

Shifty just isn't the same player anymore.

Shifty is back on the way up, he may not be the same player as previous seasons but he's twice the player he was at the start of the year.

You'll bow out first round of the semi's

No.

and it will be a number of seasons til you see the top 8 again.

Wrong again.

Timmah

Staff member
diggity said:
The Dogs are still to be found out this year. You have a great forward pack (there is no denying that) but your halves will ultimately let you down. Look for Holdsworth to string a number of bad games together....and Shifty just isn't the same player anymore.

You'll bow out first round of the semi's........and it will be a number of seasons til you see the top 8 again.

Your credibility = zero. Eight posts in 22 months?

:lol:

f**k off merkin.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
diggity said:

The next "number of seasons" depends a lot on the signatures we can get on paper, but I agree we are looking light outside the forward pack.

I'm honestly not a big fan of our backs - Phelps and Cutler don't really impress me; and Utai runs hot and cold. Tonga looks like he'll head over to Union, or at least will leave the Dogs, and Sonny Bill will most likely move to the 2nd row following Asotasi's departure. For this year, Sonny Bill is a huge asset, but he's probably a forward before he's a back.

Even if Maitua resigns, he's really still a forward. I think what you say holds a certain amount of truth.

The trouble is that even if Holdsworth develops into a good player, we'll probably end up losing him if we try to retain our other stars (particularly SBW, who as he begins to realize his potential, looks like he is going to cost a fortune).

I will disagree by saying that I thought Shifty was gun on the weekend. However whether he is consistent will ultimately write the story for our season. One game isn't enough to really say he's "back".

If DJ and Shifty can combine well in the halves, we're a chance. However so much of rugby league relies on the half combination - if we can't get it right, then we'll bow out as you suggest. The next few games will be a test - Tigers, Cowboys and Storm. We've played some average teams this year, in average form; even the Knights weren't firing on all cylinders. This next month will be key for us.

aenima1

Juniors
who is this diggity fool? how can you predict the dogs will fall out of the 1st round semis? they're halves arent a problem and sherwin can still match it with the best, dont worry about that!

honestly where do these wankers come from?

diggity

Juniors
I'm sorry Timmah....I obviously don't fully understand the strong positive correlation between no. of posts and quality of posts. Given the number of times you have posted we should all consider ourselves very lucky to have you on the League Unlimited forum. All hail Timmah!

As for aenima1.....this wanker does indeed come from Cronulla.

Simply dispelling what I have to say because I haven't posted hundreds of times, or because I'm from Cronulla shows how short-sighted you really are. Truth of the matter is I know plenty about Rugby League, have worked closely with several Dogs players.....and I will be proven correct. Look for the Dogs to lose several key players next year and for them to be replaced (predominantly) by individuals in your current PL and Flegg squads (last time I checked your PL side wasn't setting the world on fire).

The Dog's will fall victim to the vicious salary cap cycle that has seen the demise of the Panthers and Roosters. I don't say this because I don't like the Dogs (in fact, I very much do). I say this because it will happen.

P.S That makes 9 posts....I feel my football knowledge growing with every strike of the keyboard.

bulldog

Bench
Truth of the matter is I know plenty about Rugby League

Of course you do, you and every other nutter here.

have worked closely with several Dogs players

You'll have to forgive us for thinking your full of sh!t on this one.

That makes 9 posts....I feel my football knowledge growing with every strike of the keyboard.

I just hope it takes you another 10 months to rack up your next nine, with such an all-encompassing knowledge and flawless prediction skills I'm scared you might spoil all the surprises.

Timmah

Staff member
No... but your posting rate means we don't have to see your dribble as much, so please keep to your rate.

Cronulla on the other head don't need a salary cap to fall victim to anything, they're perenially screwed.

diggity

Juniors
That's right bulldog, I'm obviously a nutter. Nice work.

You can think what you like. If you don't believe I'm connected perhaps the well-respected 'bigdogsgottaeat' can back me up?!

As for my knowledge and skill....well, what can I say.......it's a gift.

Perhaps I should attempt to contribute in a meaningful way like you do? Any other wonderful insights about religion, sexuality or how to get more RAM. Fascinating stuff! Bet you can't wait to play the new Playstation 3 over the School holidays.

Timmah

Staff member
Oh, diggity, you're that good, aren't you?

Quite trolling, stick to what you know best... which is becoming increasingly clear:

Nothing.

diggity

Juniors
Timmah,

What I am good at is spelling.....unlike you.

Don't use big words if you can't spell them correctly mate. Perennially has two "n's" and quit doesn't have an "e" at the end of it.

You should stick to partying and events....Yay!

bulldog

Bench
Evry turd and their mother claims to be connected, how about you try to present your opinion as an opinion and not fact, you come into the Bulldogs forum and tell us all how you "know" we're heading towards failure - what sort of reaction did you expect?

Now get back into whatever hole you were hiding in, you've got nothing to contribute.

Perhaps I should attempt to contribute in a meaningful way like you do? Any other wonderful insights about religion, sexuality or how to get more RAM. Fascinating stuff! Bet you can't wait to play the new Playstation 3 over the School holidays.

This has what to do with you again? Nice to see your checking up on me, I couldn't give a rats arse about you.

Latest posts