What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gilchrist Park

Rexxy

Coach
tiger nick. This is a walk down memory lane, and you are a dog turd on the pavement.

Den, which council looks after Gilchrist park, do you know? Its a pity the Leader isn't a worthless piece of rag, coz this is something they could get their teeth into. Also there is R2K. I know they're busy trying to get a strategy in place to help OKI get lights, but this mural is the sort of thing they try to protect. As it represents the fabric of who we are and where we are from. Failing that, I reckon the Dragons should put some funds to the clean up. Dousty is holding the Red V forum soon. Might be a good chance to raise the issue then.

Any chance you could post a photo of the mural?

Sticks

Juniors
On the subject of Bexley :D . My old man used to play cricket for them in the 70's. I spent may a Saturday arvo at the ground. Not sure of its name, but it had an old wooden grandstand, a huge baseball net and out on the deep cover/deep mid wicket boundary was a rock wall which did the ball untold damage if it whistled into it. The ground also had a natty little afternoon tea room where I developed an addiction to Iced Voe Voe's and raspberry rolls.

Sticks

Benny

First Grade
Rockdale Council Rex - i'm sure if you left some money in a brown paper bag they could do something for you. It sure works in developments that are approved that break every regulation and neighbours aren't informed of, or the developments that are 4-5 stories over the maximum.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Benny said:
Rockdale Council Rex - i'm sure if you left some money in a brown paper bag they could do something for you. It sure works in developments that are approved that break every regulation and neighbours aren't informed of, or the developments that are 4-5 stories over the maximum.

You just ring Rockdale Council & say Gilchrist Park "needs a new suit"...

Rortdale - My Kinda City!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Rex said:
tiger nick. This is a walk down memory lane, and you are a dog turd on the pavement.

Den, which council looks after Gilchrist park, do you know? Its a pity the Leader isn't a worthless piece of rag, coz this is something they could get their teeth into. Also there is R2K. I know they're busy trying to get a strategy in place to help OKI get lights, but this mural is the sort of thing they try to protect. As it represents the fabric of who we are and where we are from. Failing that, I reckon the Dragons should put some funds to the clean up. Dousty is holding the Red V forum soon. Might be a good chance to raise the issue then.

Any chance you could post a photo of the mural?

I've actually got a couple of snaps of the defaced version stored on the old digital but can't get them up on the computer for some reason or another. I'll try and get it sorted

Sticks said:
On the subject of Bexley :D . My old man used to play cricket for them in the 70's. I spent may a Saturday arvo at the ground. Not sure of its name, but it had an old wooden grandstand, a huge baseball net and out on the deep cover/deep mid wicket boundary was a rock wall which did the ball untold damage if it whistled into it. The ground also had a natty little afternoon tea room where I developed an addiction to Iced Voe Voe's and raspberry rolls.

Sticks

Sounds like Bexley Park to me. Thats the one on Stoney Creek RD, near the pool.

G

gorilla

Say, ah,
gis a coupla street names that border the land (ooh I love that word :oops: ) and I'l tell you plenty. :shock:
who owns it, what you have to do, who you have to blow (sorry, can I erase this ?)
who you have to talk to to get some sort of action....
Magilla

8)

OK, I finally figured out this digital camera business.

Sorry about the late afternoon sun casting a shadow over the whole thing.

IM000057.JPG

IM000055.JPG

IM000056.JPG

Utterly stuffed... :(

Benny

First Grade
Bexley Park or Oval now the home of the Might Hurstville United (U/12's c coached by yours truley underfeated at Bexley Oval in 2004)

Benny said:
Bexley Park or Oval now the home of the Might Hurstville United (U/12's c coached by yours truley underfeated at Bexley Oval in 2004)

Oh that reminds me of the time I was coach for a day Bomber U-12s. :D

Most of the kids naturally wore the shirts of their fav Euro soccer teams but one of the tykes showed up in a RL Scum jersey. I made them all run two laps to warm up, cept for that little bastard off course who ended up doing the better part of four!

"Lift them knees damn it!!" :lol: :lol:

Latest posts