What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give Tupou a Test Jersey

Tommy Smith

Referee
The guy is absolutely awesome. The most dangerous front rower the game has seen in some time.

If he wasn't on the field today the Tigers would have won by 30.

He has great acceleration & speed, incredible power, an awesome off-load and bags of skill to boot.

I reckon off the bench he would be awesome for Australia and is a cert for NSW later this year because front-rowers of his ilk are rare jewells and offer another dimension.

P.S. Well played Tigers. These juniors we've been hearing about are finally coming through...and some.

Tommy Smith

Referee
CliffyIsGod said:
Get your hand off it, tommy...
What? Can't you recognise talent? Tupou kept us in that game through his attack whether that be through bursting the line to score, coming up with flick passes that would make a great ball player proud, and streaking up field...

He would be dynamite off the bench...

Simon

Juniors
Tupou I think will be a certainty for NSW, but I doubt he'd make the Australian team yet. Webke, Ciconiceva, Bailey and Ryles will fight it out for the spots I think.

Tommy Smith

Referee
And the point im trying to make Simon, is that only three of the above should be picked (well actually the three should be Webcke, Civo and Price) and also Tupou because he offers something completely different. When Webcke and Price tire, Australia would gain more through the introduction of Civo and Tupou.

The Business

Juniors
Let's see him cement a starting berth in the Roosters line up first. Crocker will be back meaning Morley will shift to front row to partner Cayless. Don't get me wrong, he is a great talent, but bench players shouldn't be playing rep footy in my opinion.

Balmain_Boy

Dunno about giving Tupou a test jersey, but jeezus he was impressive today. Almost one the match for the roosters. He's big, strong, quick and has brilliant hands. Probably not quite his time YET, but he will be there soon rather than later that's for sure.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I thought their best was Chris Walker? :D

In all seriousness, Tupou was excellent and definately the Chooks best.

aqua_duck

Coach
Tupou is awesome, Newcastle's loss is the roosters gain for sure, but I mean he would've never reached his potential with the knights. In saying that Its too soon to start talking test jumpers, 15 games doesn't make a career.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
Tupou is awesome, Newcastle's loss is the roosters gain for sure, but I mean he would've never reached his potential with the knights. In saying that Its too soon to start talking test jumpers, 15 games doesn't make a career.

he could have played 2, he is good enough to be one of the best ever props. What you guys did not notice that last season ?

Sims and Tupou are the Future of the the game for Quality ball playing, Hard running hard tackling props.

Followed by guys like Weyman.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
He wont make the test team though I think hed definetly handle it. The same old mob , with 1 or 2 exceptions will be picked.

Id consider him a good chance to make city country, and once he does that then its up to him to make the most of it.

slava

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
The guy is absolutely awesome. The most dangerous front rower the game has seen in some time.

If he wasn't on the field today the Tigers would have won by 30.

He has great acceleration & speed, incredible power, an awesome off-load and bags of skill to boot.

I reckon off the bench he would be awesome for Australia and is a cert for NSW later this year because front-rowers of his ilk are rare jewells and offer another dimension.

P.S. Well played Tigers. These juniors we've been hearing about are finally coming through...and some.

nah he's shit