What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Global Force

nöyd

Staff member
in case you haven't heard Jeff and Karen Jarrett have started/are starting a new promotion, so find the biggest grain of salt you can kids because of course the rumours are flying thick and fast as to who they have signed/will sign.

1 is an Olympic gold medallist, the other a certain former WWE champion out of Chi-town.

Happy to be proven wrong but :lol:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Ill be keeping tabs on this one
Pardon the ignorance, but can you name the certain former WWE champion out of Chi-town?

Again pardon the ignorance

Misanthrope

Staff member
Pardon the ignorance, but can you name the certain former WWE champion out of Chi-town?

I would guess CM Punk, although he's still under contract to the WWE as far as I'm aware.

nöyd

Staff member

CM_Punk.jpg

the guy on the left

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
They're looking for fresh faces, but lets be honest, they'll take a little bit of name value just to bring in the casual fans and introduce them to the new faces.

Depends entirely on how much starting capital they have as to who they can go for. A lot of ex TNA and WWE guys running around, but long term it's all about delivering something new and innovative. Fresh faces are a must.

They need a different format. I'd love to see a "sport" angle taken. Treat the show like a season - say 16 weeks - of matches. Have a round robin, with a playoffs system. it could be very cool to see. With the final show potentially being an iPPV/live 2 hour special.

Have internet vignettes hyping the matches, video promos of training/behind the scenes, what goes into the mind of the competitors etc. I think that would atleast perk the interests of wrestling fans to change channels and give it a go.

Bottom line - there ISNT enough room for expansion/reaching new fans. Wrestling will lvie and die with the WWE. But there is definitly room for alternative programming. And with the UFC in a bit of a slump/over saturation phase...why not?

Hmmmm a diary idea perhaps? If you could go with 16 wrestlers for season one, currently not signed to the WWE...who would you go with? Big guys, small guys, high flyers, technical dudes, brawlers, "WWE style" workers, luchas, puroresu dudes...who would you pick?

It would work in my opinion. After the first season you'd do a second, exact copy of the first. Third season a tag team league. Fourth a "World Cup" (ala X Cup). Fifth a singles league. Sixth another tag team league. Then after, a Champions of Champions league. It would work, and the beauty of wrestling...its fake. You can predetermine everything (obvs not injuries etc), so it wouldnt f**k out like Bellator, Strike Force etc, WCL etc.

Latest posts